- August 1: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 27-Aug 1.
- August 8: RMNP The Loch. Another little slice of dry fly sight-fishing heaven. 3 mile hike one way. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host will be Bob Green.
- August 12: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- August 16: Phantom Canyon Trail Maintenance and Fishing
The Nature Concervancy’s Phantom Canyon Preserve and Rocky Mountain Flycasters volunteers work together to maintain trails at the Preserve on the North Fork of the Poudre River. Volunteers work in the morning while in the afternoon are able to catch and release fish samples in the afternoon. See the Phantom Canyon page for more information and to apply for a volunteer spot. This is the second scheduled very popular Phantom Canyon volunteer activity.
- August 23: Phantom Canyon Trail Maintenance and Fishing Back-up Date
Back up day for trail work if conditions prevent work on August 16.
- August 29: Bountiful Brookies. Colorado River Headwaters. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host will be Dennis Cook.
Note of the Day:
Holding the rod horizontal when fighting a big trout in fast rivers is often the canny way to tire a fish on a light tippet. However, when the river bed is full of cobbles, you should hold your rod high to keep leader and line from getting cut or snagged on rocks. source unknown