- August 1: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 2: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 3: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 11: Phantom Canyon: River Trail Stewardship
Rocky Mountain Flycasters/Trout Unlimited River Trail Leaders will work with a team of volunteers to mow vegetation in the trail, trim back trail-side vegetation, and rebuild rock cairns marking safe river crossings. Afterward, volunteers will be able to do some catch-and-release fishing in the canyon. See the Phantom Canyon Page for more details and volunteer signup contacts. Backup in case of unsuitable conditions will be 18 August.
- August 12: Fishing Meeting: Fish for crappie, blue gill, and bass. Bring your own food and beverage and plan on a great time. Contact Gretchen Osborn for more details.
- August 14: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- August 17: Upper Poudre Canyon “Wild Trout and Whities” See our Fishing Trips page for more details.
Host: Dennis Cook.
- August 18: Phantom Canyon: River Trail Stewardship
Backup date for Phantom Canyon Trail work of 11 August.
Note of the Day:
Beaching a large Pacific salmon can be harmful to the fish if you plan to release it, and trying to lift a big salmon’s head at close quarters may break a fragile graphite rod tip. Guides on salmon rivers from Alaska to Norway prefer wide, long-handled nets that make the last part of the battle safe and easy for all parties involved. —Tom Rosenbauer