- August 1: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from July 29 to August 3.
- August 2: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from July 29 to August 3.
- August 3:
RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from July 29 to August 3.
- August 14: RMF Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member for the meeting location and/or agenda.
- August 17: Phantom Canyon Volunteer Trail Work and Fishing Day
The Nature Conservancy invites us for a day of trail work and fishing at Phantom Canyon Preserve. This day will consist of morning corridor clearing and trail restoration, followed by an afternoon of fishing and/or hiking along the North Fork of the Cache la Poudre River.
TNC’s Phantom Canyon Preserve is located about 35-miles north of Fort Collins, Colorado. The Preserve hosts 4-miles of the North Fork of the Cache la Poudre River as it runs through canyon walls with a 650-foot elevation loss from canyon rim to bottom. This volunteer day is a strenuous day of extreme terrain hiking and river crossing.
To sign up, please send an email request to Phantom Canyon Events that includes your name, phone number, and which of the three dates you would like to volunteer. The three work/fish days are July 20, August 17, and September 14. If someone will be coming with you, please include their contact information as well. In order to allow as many people as possible to participate, please only sign up for one of the dates. If you are available for more than one of the dates, then please specify your order of preference. Requests will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
You can get more information at The Nature Conservancy site.
- August 21: Rocky Mountain Small Stream Fishing
There are many small streams high in the mountains inside the park. Join us for some unique small stream fishing. Contact host .
Download this month’s calendar entries for your digital calendar.
Note of the Day:
It’s easy today to learn to fly fish. Women are being welcomed and encouraged to join Trout Unlimited and Federation of Fly Fishers chapters and other fishing clubs.
Beck, Cathy, 2002, Fly Fishing Handbook. (Guilford, CT: The Lyons Press), p.2.