- July 9: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- July 12: Lake Agnes This alpine lake is surrounded by gorgeous scenery and filled with beautiful cutthroats. Trip host Ben Zomer was able to pull them out when no one else could. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller.
- July 15: Trout Unlimited Celebrates Its 55th Anniversary On this day in 1959, TU was founded by George Griffith and 14 other anglers to help preserve, protect, and restore trout streams in America. Trout Unlimited has more about these historical events.
- July 19: Encampment River Wade Trip See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host is needed.
- July 20: Phantom Canyon: River Trail Stewardship
Rocky Mountain Flycasters/Trout Unlimited River Trail Leaders will work with a team of volunteers to mow vegetation in the trail, trim back trail-side vegetation, and rebuild rock cairns marking safe river crossings. Afterward, volunteers will be able to do some catch-and-release fishing in the canyon. See the Phantom Canyon Page for more details and volunteer signup contacts. Backup in case of unsuitable conditions will be 29 July.
- July 26: Joe Wright Reservoir Last year, the group trip to Joe Wright was blown out by a blizzard with 40 MPH winds. Here is another opportunity to have a look at some grayling. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host is yet to be decided.
- July 28: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp
This summer’s non-resident camp runs July 28 through August 2, 2014. Our Youth Outreach Camp is an intense six day program for students to learn about resource conservation and about fly fishing. Application process begins early February 2014.
- July 29: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 28-Aug 2.
- July 30: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 28-Aug 2.
- July 31: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 28-Aug 2.
Note of the Day:
If you’d like a lot of water to yourself, plan on fishing in a near-gale. Besides conferring the benefit of solitude, choppy waters make trout less spooky and more indiscreet.
Hosman, Todd, 2003, Fly Fishing Rocky Mountain National Park (Lyons, CO: Streamside Press), p 25.