- June 7: Kids Free Fishing Day
Rocky Mountain Flycasters with Colorado Parks and Wildlife along with the U.S. Forest Service sponsor a morning of free fishing for kids. Kids fish free with adults and RMF members provide assistance and information about fish and fishing. The event takes place up at Red Feather Lakes. RMF could use a few more volunteers from 8 a.m. to noon to help introduce participating youngsters to this fishing experience. Contact Lee Evans.
- June 11: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- June 13: Canada Shield Fishing Trip Hosted by Kevin Burkhardt, this week long trip to Canada will produce hundreds of hookups. See the story.
- June 14: Laramie Plains Lakes The plains lakes offer a number of lakes from which to choose and they are all a bit different. Take a short jaunt up and fish them with someone with experience. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host will be Frank Cada.
- June 14: Week in Canada.
- June 15: Week in Canada.
- June 16: Week in Canada.
- June 17: Week in Canada.
- June 18: Week in Canada.
- June 19: Week in Canada.
- June 19: Ft. Collins Natural Areas Open House
Everyone is invited to an Open House to give feedback on the draft plan and its priorities on Thursday, June 19, 4-7 p.m. at the Natural Areas Department’s Main Office, the brand new “White House” at 1745 Hoffman Mill Road, Fort Collins. Drop by anytime between 4-7 p.m. There will be two overview presentations at 5:15 and 6:15 p.m. by Natural Areas Department Director, John Stokes.
At this Open House, the public can comment on the plan and the priorities that are proposed for the next ten years. Those unable to attend the Open House are invited to provide comments online afterwards at fcgov.com/naturalareas until July 19. Then on August 12, the plan will be presented to City Council in a work session. It is expected to be adopted at a regular City Council meeting in the fall.
- June 20: Week in Canada.
- June 21: Week in Canada.
- June 28: Gateway Trail Restoration: RMF has partnered with Fort Collins Natural Areas to restore and maintain trails in the Gateway Natural Area along the Poudre River. This is an excellent opportunity to spend a few hours in the morning helping out, then sharing a lunch with other volunteers and possibly taking some time to fish a corner of the Poudre where the North Fork supplies some additional flow. If you can spare some time this Saturday morning, contact David Morse.
Tools and lunch will be provided. For more information, see Adopt-a-Trail.
Note of the Day:
Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. — Theodore Roosevelt