- April 6: Phantom Canyon Walk Through Evaluation: Walk through evaluation of the status of Phantom Canyon on The Nature Conservancy property to see what trail work needs to be done. A small group has already been selected for this task.
- April 9: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- April 12: Middle Poudre Canyon The Poudre continues to amaze with its resilience and productivity. You can stop nearly anywhere along the Poudre and find fish. There are some locations that are better than others and this is an opportunity to stop at some special locations. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host is yet to be decided.
- April 17: McMurray Ponds Trail Construction: Volunteers will help pave a new trail to the Kid’s Fishing Pond at McMurry Natural Area. Construction will take place between 9 a.m. and noon. Materials and tools will be provided. Sign up and get more details from Dave Piske.
In case of inappropriate weather, the work will take place on Thursday, April 24.
- April 21: Celebrating Thirty Years in Northern Colorado
RMF will formally mark the occasion of our 30th anniversary as a Trout Unlimited chapter. To make the occasion into an event, our regular monthly meeting will be moved to Monday the 21st of April and we will meet at Odell Brewing Company’s Taproom in Fort Collins.
We will start our Anniversary Party at 7 p.m. and close at 9 p.m. with the ODell staff ready to be sure we are taken care of.
As usual, this meeting is free and open to the public. Be aware that this will be ODell’s Taproom and beer will be served. We hope to see a big turnout for this special meeting. The Taproom is at 800 E Lincoln Ave., Ft Collins. They are normally closed these hours, but are staying open especially for this special RMF celebration. Odells is long-time supporter of our chapter and local conservation efforts, come show them we appreciate that support!
- April 24: Makeup day for McMurry Ponds Trail Construction
In case of inclement weather on the 17th, the McMurry project will take place this day.
- April 25: Gray Reef/North Platte Float Trip This float trip for Gray Reef and the North Platte is a well-known mecca for fishers. See our fishing page and contact Mark Miller. Fishing trip host will be Mark Miller.
- April 30: Children’s Water Fest - Greeley
The local Children’s Water Fests are a wonderful opportunity to plant the seeds of cold water conservation in the minds and hearts of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders in a non-school, fun, hands-on activity. Contact Jerry Pelis to volunteer for this gratifying experience and get more information on our Youth Outreach page.
Note of the Day:
Even the prettiest shoe makes a sorry hat. -Japanese Proverb