- October 9: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- October 12: CANCELLED
Elkhorn Stream-bed Hardening Proj.: Project has been cancelled due to Federal government shutdown.
This project will place paving bricks in Elkhorn Creek to eliminate stream-bed disturbance by vehicles, now a source of silt that smothers downstream fish spawning beds and aquatic insect habitat. See the Volunteer article for more information. Potential volunteers should contact Dave Piske, Conservation Coordinator.
- October 16: RMF General Meeting
Adam Omernick, owner of NoCoFlyFishing.com will present and evening of Tenkara fishing.
Social hour begins at 6:30 pm at the Fort Collins Senior Center, and the program follows at 7:00 pm. We will have a local fly tyer at each general meeting and an equipment raffle following the meeting. Admission is free and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
- October 19: Colorado River (Main Stem) “Trout Pot Pourri” See our Fishing Trips page for more details.
Host: Dennis Cook.
- October 19: Big Thompson Flood Recovery at Sylvan Dale Ranch: Sylvan Dale Ranch ponds received serious damage in the September flooding. You can help our friends and supporters by assisting in the cleanup of debris at their location. Slyvan Dale has been very supportive of our Youth Day Camp program so we are quite willing to help them. Make your appreciation of their support by helping with this clean up. See Sylvan Dale Flood Recovery and sign up now.
- October 26: Sylvan Dale Benefit Fishing Day: RMF is holding a Benefit Fishing Day at Sylvan Dale Ranch to help fund reconstruction following the devastating September flooding on the Big Thompson River. See our home page to see how you can participate. A Chapter Work Day will be scheduled later to help with additional clean-up of the Sylvan Dale Ranch area.
Note of the Day:
I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours. — Kurt Vonnegut