- June 6:
Kids Free Fishing Fest at Redfeather Lakes
Colorado Parks and Wildlife with the U.S. Forest Service and Rocky Mountain Flycasters help put together an amazing fishing opportunity for the whole family on Colorado Free Fishing Day at West Lake at Redfeather Lakes. Every child registered in advance to fish will be given a free spin rod and access to help from USFS, CPW, and RMF who will help them catch fish. Space is limited so families should register as soon as possible with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Twelve to fifteen RMF volunteers are needed to help youngsters bait hooks, untangle tangles, cast, remove fish, and all that goes with helping kids fish. Contact Lee Evans to volunteer.
- June 6: Volunteer for a Big Thompson River Restoration Event
Been inside for too long? Craving some social-distance-friendly outdoor activities?
Join Rocky Mountain Flycasters and the Big Thompson Watershed Coalition for planting and weeding at a Big T river restoration site between Wilson and Rossum Drives near Namaqua Park in Loveland, CO. Restoration activities will include native plant planting and non-native plant weeding.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions, we are limited to 8 volunteers.
Hosted by: Big Thompson Watershed Coalition with partners City of Loveland and Loveland Ready Mix
Date & Time: Saturday, June 6th 9am-12pm
Event Description: COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place, which include:
- Social distancing requirements
- Requirement of face covering and gloves (can be gardening gloves)
- Carpool only with those you live with
- What to Bring:
- Your own gloves and mask
- Tools if you prefer to not use those supplied by BTWC
- June 10: Fish Spinney Mountain Reservoir Cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns
This tentative two-day trip up to Spinney Mountain Reservoir could produce some big rainbows. Float tubes are recommended for this body of water. Contact host Mark Miller if you are interested in this trip.
- June 10: RMF Board Meeting at 6:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member for the meeting location and/or agenda.
- June 11: Spinney Mountain Reservoir Cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns
Download this month’s calendar entries for your digital calendar.
Note of the Day:
You can often locate a hatch of May flies on a stream by the swallows collecting in the area to feed on them.
Herter, George Leonard, 1955, Professional Fly Tying and Tackle Making. (Waseca, MN: Brown), p. 149.