- February 4: RMF Day Camp Applications Available
The application period has opened for the 1013 RMF NoCO Fly Fishing Day Camp. Open this opportunity to a young person you know (ages 14-18) to experience the joys of fly fishing. Our 2013 Day Camp page tells more of the story. Apply early to reserve a spot in this extraordinary camp.
- February 13: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- February 20: RMF General Meeting
The Expo!Rocky Mountain Flycasters’ Annual Fly Tying Expo Nearly two dozen experienced and professional tiers from our region will converge in Fort Collins for this annual special event to demonstrate their fly tying skills and share tips on tying and fishing with their special flies. Every year well over 100 people attend this Fly Tying Expo and this year it will be even larger and better.
- Well-known tiers share their skills and tips
- Random drawings for each tier’s flies
- Random drawing for terrific fly fishing equipment
- Silent action for many quality equipment items, supplies, books,…etc.
- Beginner’s table where you can learn to tie your own flies
Doors open at 5:30 pm at the Fort Collins Senior Center. We will have food from Texas Roadhouse so don't worry about dinner. This year the rods in the raffle are supported in part by Elkhorn Rod & Reel.
Admission information is posted on our February home page and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
Note of the Day:
…notice Mrs. Wulff’s reserve and control. Her movement, coupled with a natural grace augmented by her years as a dance instructor, will show you precisely why fly-fishing is considered one of the most graceful of all outdoor sports.
Morrow, Laurie, 1997, The Woman Angler. (NYC, NY: St. Martin’s Press), p34.