- February 9: Board Meeting
Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- February 16: Rocky Mountain Flycasters’ Annual Fly Tying Expo
Nearly two dozen experienced and professional tiers from our region will converge in Fort Collins for this annual special event to demonstrate their fly tying skills and share tips on tying and fishing with their special flies.
Every year well over 100 people attend this Fly Tying Expo and this year it will be even larger and better.
- Well-known tiers share their skills and tips
- Texas Roadhouse barbecue food
- Random drawings for each tier’s flies
- Random drawing for a terrific fly rod
- Silent action for many quality equipment items, supplies, books,…etc.
- Beginner’s table where you can learn to tie your own flies
Admission: $20 per person ($10 for students with ID). With the price of admission, you get Texas Roadhouse plate of food and a beverage, five tickets for the fly and rod drawings, and a wealth of tying information.
The Fly Tying Expo will run from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. Please note that this is an earlier time than our General Meetings so that we can have more time with tiers.
Sponsored in part by:
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
St. Peter’s Fly Shop
Bob’s Fly Shop
The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
Note of the Day:
Trout, especially wild trout, will seek out the most ideal water temperatures, even if they have to move considerable distances. Even freshly stocked, domesticate hatchery trout will search locally for the best comfort zones.
Whitlock, Dave, 2010, Trout and Their Food. (NYC, NY: Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.), p190.