Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Leadership Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Attendees: Mickey McGuire*, Colin Glover*, Ryan Hogan*, Ruthie Ketola*, Wil Huett, Dennis Cook, Zach Jory, Mark Miller, Dick Jefferies, Paul Wehr, Phil Wright, Dave Hausler, Dave Beede, Jeannie Weaver* (minutes).
(*Board members - quorum present).
Called to order at 6:20 PM via Zoom
- Introduced visiting members: Dick Jefferies, past RMF President and former CTU VP.
- Mickey reported on the Poudre Headwaters Project communication efforts and CTU Board meeting attendance.
- Consent agenda
Pulled Consent items.
There were no concerns or items pulled and the board unanimously approved the Consent agenda.
Conservation Committee Chair - Candidate Dick Jefferies, explained his background covering his long and short-term goals for the chapter and stating that he would like to see the chapter become the recognized community leader in streamwater management. Mickey asked for additional input via email on the appointment.
A decision will be announced soon.
- Request from CTU for Virtual Camp support – A donation of $200-500 was requested for sponsoring a child to attend the Virtual Camp. Discussion ensued and a $250 donation will be made.
- Treasurer discussion – Ryan noted the Bookkeeper proposal is still in progress
Review latest Treasurer reportsRyan led the group discussion of three reports in the Google file below and how to use them.
- Statement of Financial Position - focused on restricted funds that need to be spent first
- Statement of Income and Expenses - focused on program level details
- Budget vs. Actual - focused on variance of these amounts
- Comments can be made within reports to help committee chairs. Ryan noted the importance of emailing invoices and receipts to the Treasurer (for evidence & approval purposes) to help with tracking for Vendor Reports.
- ACTION ITEM Start focusing on the Annual Financial Report, an 18- month report (October 1, 2018 – March 30, 2020), now Due July 15. Mickey asked board members to gather volunteer hours and then email him those on the worksheet provided. Committee Chairs are responsible for gathering hours and event information from members of their committees.
- General Chapter Meeting by Zoom - Topic: RMF General May Meeting with speaker, Karin Miller of Zen Tenkara Fly Fishing Gear
- CTU Board meeting discussion – Mickey attended the recent CTU meeting to approve a budget and elect a new board. The items are in the Google folder for review.
- Annual Financial Report – Ryan asked to write your names on the worksheets for tracking information. Prior AFR’s can be accessed on TU’s website after the cycle ends with TU National’s percentage assessment. Mickey will make prior reports available, if requested.
- VMS discussion – Mickey spoke concerning the month to month contract with Volgistics and reported from a recent VMS committee (Scott Bailey, Ron Dickson) that recommended ending usage of the program; it is hard to use and inadequate for communication purposes. Leadership agreed to end the contract with Volgistics and to explore other programs. Discussion of what our needs are for Volunteers, Events and Donors then ensued. Dick stated that a data dump be obtained before letting the contract expire and Scott Bailey was already working on it.
Approval of Bylaws completion – Mickey noted that the Bylaws vote was held and there were 133 votes for approval, one dissenting vote and one abstention. The new Bylaws were passed.
- New position descriptions – Colin, Dennis and Mickey are gathering info for rewrites in conjunction with Committee Chairs filling in specifics of the duties and final review with Mickey.
- Update Google Drive – Wil, Jeannie and Mickey will work to update the Google Drive for better access and understanding for users.
- Update from Financial Development Committee – the meeting was rescheduled and a report will be forthcoming.
Adjourned at 8:05 PM
Submitted by Jeannie Weaver, Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.