Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Leadership Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Present: Mickey McGuire*, Mark Miller, Ruthie Katola*, Dave Piske, Ryan Hogan*, Dave Hausler, Jeannie Weaver, Dennis Cook, Rick Musselman, Zach Jory, Paul Wehr, Phil Wright, Wil Heuet, Colin Glover*, Frank Bub* (minutes)
(*board members - quorum present).
Called to order at 6:10pm Online via Zoom
- Thanks for joining
- Raffle tickets for Gunnison Float trip - 25 tickets. Drawing at Rendezvous. Wil, Frank, Dennis, Mark, Zach.
- Zach Jory - visitor. Interested in getting involved. Helping with website redevelopment.
- Pull leadership development (Mickey)
- Vacancy - Ron Dickson, Conservation
- From Dennis’ report - equipment discounts through national TU. Jeannie - look over options. Maybe Pub & Dub.
Thanks to Dennis for finding bigger storage unit and moving material and Paul for helping.
- Need more shelves - Dennis moved to buy 3 units / Frank second. Expenditure about $325.
- Move to approve - Ryan/Colin 2nd
- Segregation of duties controls for RMF funds - recommendation
Ryan - screen recommendations
- Hire bookkeeper to keep record
- Annual audit
Income level control
- 2 observers during cash collection (raffle, etc.)
- Cash collector make deposit slip
- Deposit slips signed
- President or VP collect mail
- 2 people on paypal account
Expense level control
Bookkeeps not sign checks
- Ryan suggest we hire a professional bookkeeper - estimates $55/month cost
- Discussion on whether we should do a routine audit. CTU doesn’t, but don’t need to do full blown audit. Since cash-based would be simple.
- Has been included in budget
Ron Dicskon’s resignation.
- Nomination committee to find a replacement
- Board requested to nominate person for board/conservation committee chair - pass to Dennis/Wil
- Also looking for membership chair
- Consent agenda
Developing survey questions for membership approval of new Bylaws.
- Bob Green will work with Constant Contact vice Survey Monkey
- Wil send to current members - need 2/3rd approval of votes
- Should be out tomorrow.
Chapter meeting next week
- Colin has contacted Matt Fairchild - happy to do virtually/can do via Zoom
- Zach offered to host - enterprise account
- Blast announcement to be prepared by Mickey
- We will go ahead with the meeting
- No talk by the Behnke Fellow
- Fly tying at 6:30 - Frank, Meeting starts at 7:00. Will tie Landon Mayer’s mini-leach
- Ron Dickson conservation committee resignation
- Developing survey questions for membership approval of new Bylaws.
- Case statement ready to go to donors and members
- Putting together a plan for the 20-21 season.
- Send volunteer hours to Ryan in May. Committee chairs to roll up and submit info. 18 month period due to change in CTU fiscal year.
- Financial development
- Sep 12 - Rist Canyon Mountain Festival
- Oct 23-25 - CTU Rendezvous
Adjourned at 7:10
Submitted by Frank Bub, Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.