Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Leadership Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2019
Location: The Group Inc Real Estate Building, 2803 E Harmony Rd, Fort Collins.
Present: Mickey McGuire*, Colin Glover*, Frank Bub* (minutes), Dave Piske, Ron Dickson*, Bill Gedge, Dave Morse, Rick Musselmann, Paul Wehr, Phil Wright, Dennis Cook, Bryan Hoag, Ruthie Ketola* (*board members - a quorum was present)
Called to order by the president 6:33 PM
President’s comments - posted on Google Drive
- Discussion of Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District Temperature Committee
- Big Thompson River Coalition Envisioning Advisory Group - Frank Bub has volunteered to represent RMF
- Met with the RMF 2019 intern - Lindsey Roberts
The board accepted the consent reports posted on the RMF Google Drive (Paul Wehr moved to approve, Colin Glover seconded)
- Pulled Consent Items - none
- Consent Agenda
Financial Development Policy Work Group - Mickey
- Mickey gave an update on the Financial Development Policy Working Group. Ryan will lead the group
Mickey picked up the $10,000 grant from Cargill. They would like to help with the paving of the Big Thompson River Fishing Pier pathway. Mickey will coordinate.
Shayna Jones, BTWC director, will be on maternity leave starting in July. Courtney Gutman will be the point of contact.
Communication with Chapter during the summer (e.g., blasts)
Mickey would like to put out a weekly message to the membership on upcoming events, volunteering opportunities, etc. He asks leadership to submit succinct summaries to him by Wednesday evening. Bob Green will distribute the messages each Friday.
Calendaring and speaker lineup
Suggestions for general meeting speakers were solicited. Mickey will contact Domingo Rodriguez to see if he will continue to coordinate as he is currently working in Oregon. A number of possibilities were provided.
- Financial Development Policy Work Group - Mickey
Veterans Program - Dave Morse
- Dave Morse reported on the RMF Green River trip. 4 RMF members and a number of Fort Collins city workers showed up for the Gateway Park trail maintenance day. His Joe Wright/ Lake Agnes trip is oversubscribed (and there is still ice on the lakes).
- Dave Morse reported on the Platte Rivers Veterans Fly Fishing program. The summer will be dedicated to fishing trips for Vets. He described the Veterans Float for Vietnam and Korean Vets over the 4th of July. Planning for the annual fund raiser in March is underway.
- Chris Carroll has asked for RMF volunteers to help with a Kids Fishing Day on Sheldon Lake at City Park on June 14
- Mickey commented on the board retreat to be held on June 30.
- Dave Piske asked for a RMF nominee to replace him on the Big Thompson Watershed Coalition Board. RMF has traditionally held the conservation seat.
- Frank provided a progress report on the Big Thompson Fishing Pier Sign. Funding and paperwork has been received by the Forest Service interpretive experts and work has commenced. Since the meeting, the designer forwarded a preliminary poster.
- Veterans Program - Dave Morse
- June 14: City Park Youth Fishing
- June 30: Board of Trustees retreat
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.
Submitted by Frank Bub, Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.