Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Leadership Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2019
3003 E. Harmony, Suite 110, Fort Collins (the NY Life Building)
Meeting is called to order at 6:37 pm by President Mickey McGuire
In attendance: Mickey McGuire, Ruthie Ketola (minutes), Colin Glover, Frank Bub, Ryan Hogan, Ron Dickson, Bill Gedge, Bryan Hoag, Dave Beede, Lee Evans, Dennis Cook, Paul Wehr, David Piske, Wil Huett, Dave Morse, Phil Wright.
A quorum was present.
1. President’s comments- Mickey
- Mishawaka FF tournament has been cancelled. They may reschedule next spring.
- GOMO grant authored by Phil Wright was submitted and funded. Chapter promised a $500 match to go with the $1500 grant. This will be awarded at Rendezvous.
- Mickey is now serving on a multi stakeholder committee for Northern Water, to look at water classification from the mouth of the Poudre Canyon to I-25. He plans on meeting with the committee leaders on May 1 before or after the fish passage ribbon cutting at Watson’s Lake. Dick Jefferies previously held this seat.
- Meeting with Eileen Dornfest next week to discuss the Halligan Reservoir expansion for the City of Fort Collins. She replaced Adam Jokerst who moved to the position in Greeley.
- General Meeting Wednesday night. Please let Mickey know if you want to have a few minutes of our business portion.
Board Member Vote: FY 2020 budget approved with changes below:
Dennis proposed to end undergrad scholarship
- Action: Dennis will contact CSU to see if they have already selected a candidate for the next year.
- Update 4/19/19 CSU has awarded the scholarship, so this will remain in the budget.
Danny White proposal to fund his summer field work June-August
- Approved line item in budget for $6000
- Action: Mickey will request that CTU split this expense, by contacting David Nickum. Mickey will also be the liaison with CSU to determine the best way to provide the funds.
- Added $500 to TU youth camp budget
- Dennis proposed to end undergrad scholarship
b. Consent Agenda- approved
- Youth camp full with 15 approved applicants
- Frank sent out meeting minutes and gave a verbal report
- Pulled Consent Items- none
- Board Member Vote: FY 2020 budget approved with changes below:
Slate of Candidates for 2020-2021 - Dennis Cook, Chair of the Leadership Development/Nominations Committee- Approved
President- Mickey McGuire
Vice President- Colin Glover
Treasurer- Ryan Hogan
Secretary- Frank Bub
Trustee at large- Ron Dickson
Trustee at large- Ruthie Ketola
Discussion of supporting Catch and Release on the Big T (Drake to I25)
- Slate of Candidates for 2020-2021 - Dennis Cook, Chair of the Leadership Development/Nominations Committee- Approved
Awards submission- Dennis reports 3 have been submitted.
- Action: Dennis will bestow the awards at the May general meeting.
- There will be an earlier deadline to submit nominations next year.
- Fishing Pier Update/signage- Mickey and Frank- there will now be one large sign designed by USFS with BTWC funds. - Frank
- Veterans Program – Dave Morse The program is thriving. Rods have been completed and planned fishing trips are beginning. Volunteers are encouraged to participate. The fundraising gala was a success.
- Mish Fly Fishing Tournament - Cancelled due to lack of timely permitting by USFS
Monofilament project- Ruthie
I.e., dangerous, trash includes needles. Action: Dennis will pursue a solution with the City of FC Natural Areas Department, that may include redesigning the collection tubes.
- Permanent Business Address for the Chapter. Action: Ryan will check prices for a P.O. Box.
- Awards submission- Dennis reports 3 have been submitted.
- May 1: Ribbon cutting for Watson fish passage- all are encouraged to attend.
- April 20: Odells River Appreciation Day: cleanup was announced. Dennis made volunteer assignments for the festival and raffle.
- April 26-28: Rendezvous, - who will attend? Colin, Mickey, Ron, Phil, Danny White
June 10: Big T Pier celebration - on VMS
April 27: BigT cleanup
- June 8 Larimer County-Pinewood Res, and Gateway Natural Area trail work
- Domingo on assignment in Portland for the next 6 months. Action: Mickey will contact him about speakers for fall meeting.
Submitted by Ruthie Ketola, Secretary
Approved May 8, 2019
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.