rmf-tu logo Robert J. Behnke Scholarship Award

Happening This Month

May 2019
S M T W T F S
Watson Lake Ladder
Social Fly Tying
1
2 3 4
5 6 7
Board Meeting
8
9 10 11
12
Water Fest Loveland
13
14
Annual Meeting
15
16 17 18
19 20 21
Water Fest Ft. Collins
22
Green River Fishing
23
Green River Fishing
24
Green River Fishing
25
Green River Fishing
26
Green River Fishing
27
28 29 30 31
Sustaining Donors
May 25, 18-May 26, 19
$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services Inc.
Dennis Cook
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
Bob Green
JAX Outdoors
Jenna Merrit
Colin Randall
Ted Sammond
St. Pete’s Fly Shop
The Nature Conservancy

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Luke Beitel
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Frank Bub
Frank Cada
Kent Christensen
Steve Craig
CSU Flyfishing Club
Matthew Doll
Domingo Duvall
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Greg Evans
Lee Evans
Handmade Art Co.
Wil Huett
Karl Kronberg
David Morse
NoCo FlyFishing
Scheels
Norma Stallsworth
Umpqua

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Paul Hilbrecht
Jay’s Bistro
Mishawaka

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters

6:30 PM Pre Meeting Speaker – Meghan Barker, TU Alaska Operator

Presented on TU’s efforts to stop development of the Pebble Mine, in order to safeguard adjacent salmon and trout habitat on federal lands from irresponsible mining development, and create legal framework of permanent protection in the Bristol Bay region for it’s irreplaceable fisheries and pristine waters.

We were encouraged and given opportunity to sign a letter to our local representatives in support of these efforts. She will join us tomorrow night at our Volunteer Orientation meeting to talk about volunteer opportunities in Bristol Bay.


Leadership Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2019

Meeting called to order by Vice President Colin Glover at 7:22 pm.
In attendance: Phil Wright, Coy Wylie, Wil Huett, Dennis Cook, Lee Evans, Dave Piske, Paul Wehr, Ryan Hogan, Joe Pitti, David Morse, Paul Wehr, Jenna Merritt, Ruthie Ketola (minutes), and guest Barbara Luneau, CTU NE regional VP.
Note: A quorum was present

  1. Vice President’s comments and introduction of guests- Colin (in Mickey’s absence).

    1. Barbara Luneau briefly discussed TU’s youth initiative, and introduced Stream Girls, a joint program between TU and the Girl Scouts of America, which is very similar in curriculum to our youth camp experience. She provided flyers for the event, and made a call for volunteers to attend a training March 30, 2019 in Longmont. She would especially like to see strong women leaders volunteer, and has also reached out to CWF. The first event is scheduled April 13 and the second May 11. Contact Bianca McGrath-Martinez for more information, or phone 720-394-1017.
  2. Board Business

    1. Consent Agenda- treasurer reports are available
    2. Pulled Consent Items- None
  3. New Business

    1. 2019 Action Plan Development Committee – Colin/Dennis- see document Mickey attached. Motion is made and approved to accept the proposal as written.
      Action: Committee members are asked to begin working on a detailed written plan and budget for their prospective programs.
    2. Who gets copied? - All discussed the various lists that we are using for communication between the trustees and the larger leadership team. Wil made the point that if would be wise to all use the RMF google domain for our business communication.
      Action: Wil will provide us with the list he has updated and we will all adopt it; no decision was made about the use of personal emails.
    3. Where do we meet?
      Action: All will make proposals and email to Colin and Mickey. We agreed that we need a meeting place where there is a door that we can close against noise. No one required that there be food available.
    4. New Pier on the Big Thompson River (mm72). Refer to Frank’s attachment- construction has begun and several members have driven by.
      1. Representative to the Pier reopening celebration- TBS this spring- no discussion
      2. Signage for the Pier- general consensus was that Frank’s proposal looks good. No further discussion due to time.
    5. WRV Crew Leader Training - Phil- Wildlands University is scheduled March 30, and 31, with instruction on leading crews in trail building and riparian restoration. Further information and registration is available on the WRV website.
  4. IV. Old Business

    1. Fly tying Expo planning- All- the planning is underway with good progress: Lee has the flytyers lined up; we agreed to have Coy run a live auction again; Bob Green is arranging for the food at Caninos; Lee has contacted Jax for donations, Colin is also working on donations, and Ryan is willing to contact businesses in the Downtown area if we have ideas. Wil discussed “selling the experience” by combining auction items together. It was suggested to contact some area guides for auction opportunities.
    2. Participation in the Mishawaka Fly Fishing Classic- Mickey may update us on that Friday via email.
    3. Volunteer Budget Draft- Phil-tabled due to time
    4. Volunteer Orientation Meeting- see Phil’s email- changed to Odells at 6p. Many of us will attend to help out. Phil would like us there at 5:30.
    5. Leadership Development/Nominations Committee – Dennis reports they are meeting and working on filling vacancies.
    6. Veterans Program – Dave Morse reports they are kicking off the rod building with vets. He has 21 participants and may need additional help from experienced rod builders.
      Action: Please contact him if interested.
    7. Poudre River Forum, who will attend? (one free admission)- it was suggested that Guy Turenne usually attends this.
    8. CTU Gala Fundraiser, March 7  - Who will attend? it was discussed that this is a major fundraiser event, and folks who attend should be willing and able to bid on silent auction items. Coy, Ryan and Ruthie expressed interest.
    9. Rendezvous, April 26-28 - who will attend? Phil encouraged folks to go if they have never attended. No further action due to time.

Submitted by Ruthie Ketola, Secretary
Approved February 13, 2019

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 23 May, 2019