rmf-tu logo Lawn Lake Cutthroat by Bob Green

Happening This Month

September 2019
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
Big T. Access Trail
Channel Survey
7
8
Poudre Fish Collection
Dream Lake Fishing
9
Poudre Fish Collection
10
Poudre Fish Collection
Board Meeting
11
Poudre Fish Collection
12
Fish Collection Cancelled
13
Channel Survey
Phantom Canyon
14
Fish Collection for Disease
15
Fish Collection for Disease
16
Fish Collection for Disease
17
Fish Collection for Disease
General Meeting
18
Fish Collection for Disease
19
Fish Collection for Disease
20
21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Sustaining Donors
Sep 22, 18-Sep 22, 19
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Cargill
Odell Brewing Co.

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services Inc.
Dennis Cook
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
Bob Green
Jenna Merrit
Mark Miller
Colin Randall
Michael Ringus
Ted Sammond
St. Pete’s Fly Shop
The Nature Conservancy

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Luke Beitel
Frank Bub
Frank Cada
Kent Christensen
Steve Craig
CSU Flyfishing Club
Matthew Doll
Domingo Duvall
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Greg Evans
Lee Evans
Handmade Art Co.
Wil Huett
JAX Outdoors
Karl Kronberg
David Morse
Domingo Rodriguez
Scheels
Norma Stallsworth

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Paul Hilbrecht
Jay’s Bistro
Mishawaka
Guy Turenne

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Leadership Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2018

Meeting called to order by President Mickey McGuire on time.
In attendance: Wil Huett, Frank Bub, Colin Clover, Dave Morse, Dick Jefferies (for Linda), Ryan Hogan, Dave Piske, Phil Wright, Dennis Cook, Ruthie Ketola (minutes), Joe Pitti.

Note: A quorum was present.

  1. Board Business

    1. President’s Comments- Mickey welcomed the group, and volunteered to pick up fly rods for the raffle at Elkhorn. Joe Pitti is introduced as our new CSU intern, and is the conservation chair for 5 Rivers. He will be working with Wil, Dennis, and Mickey to develop his role as our intern.
    2. Consent Agenda- approved as is.
    3. Pulled Consent items- approved.
      Conservation- Frank (chair) gave a synopsis of the conservation group’s meeting 8/30/18 (see report). It was suggested we join the Adopt A River project and consider adopting the stretch of the Poudre river thru Gateway natural area, as well as coordinating with the CSU group. Phil added comments regarding the Phantom Canyon volunteer opportunity, and he will follow up on that.
  2. New Business

    1. Strategic Plan vote- Mickey: approved.
      Action: Mickey will introduce our mission and vision at the general meeting (GM).
    2. Chapter meeting Reorganization and agenda 9/19/18- Mickey outlined the new protocol: he would like project coordinators to communicate with him at the leadership meeting if they need time to make announcements at the GM. He encouraged the use of VMS to recruit volunteers rather than sign up sheets. He will begin the GM with a welcome message, introduce special guests, followed by the project coordinators&rquo; announcements, and would like to keep the announcement time under about 15 minutes total.
    3. FY 19 Budget vote- Ryan: approved.
      1. Action: Ryan will present a brief “pie graph” summary of the budget and financial state of our chapter at the October meeting.
      2. Ryan discussed assisting with a flow thru money account for 5 Rivers in order that they can use it to purchase new equipment. He will bring additional information to present at our October meeting for a vote.
  3. Old Business

    1. Ongoing NISP business - Mickey: approved signing the letter of support for the mitigation efforts as they currently exist.
      Action: Mickey will sign the letter and submit it.
    2. Wild and Scenic Celebration- Colin discussed the plan for participation and need for additional volunteers for fly casting demos, set up and tear down. Several folks offered to be there. There is some concern about overall attendance due to the forest fire in the area.
      Action: Colin will have Bob Greene send out an email blast asking for more help, as well as a Facebook promotion.
    3. Longdraw project (Matt Fairchild): Phil discussed the volunteer needs of the project to work the rescheduled week of 9/24/18-9/28/18. Frank and Phil led discussion about the protocol for cleaning waders and boots, and the benefit of having a cleaning kit on site.
      Actions
      1. Phil will discuss the cleaning protocol with Matt and Chris.
      2. Linda will update VMS, and send a direct email blast.
      3. This will be announced as well in the GM/slide show.
    4. Platte River Veterans Update- Dave Morse: over 500 vets are now participating; there were 26 overnight trips this summer. The kick off general meeting was in August, fly tying instructional meetings will begin the end of October, and rod building in January. Volunteers and mentors were welcomed. The annual fundraiser gala is in March.
    5. VMS- Dick (for Linda): there are 90 volunteers signed up, and the number has doubled in the last 30 days.
    6. F. Watershed tour for Greenback recovery: Dick discussed participation with the PR coalition and Brewater in doing community outreach to our business and legislative community this fall, with a chartered bus watershed tour.
      Action: Mickey will pursue further information.
    7. Temperature logger update: Phil will be in touch with the volunteers when he has the timeline and protocol for this.
    8. CPW Fly Fishing Class- Ruthie- no action due to time.
  4. Future Businesss

    1. NOCO expo- Coy- no action
    2. Christmas party
    3. Expo poster- Mickey
    4. Future GM idea: CSU night- invite professors to speak and the CSU club to attend.

Submitted by Ruthie Ketola, Secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 23 May, 2019