rmf-tu logo Ken Eis casting nymphs on the Poudre

Happening This Month

July 2018
S M T W T F S
Odell Cold Water 1
1
2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10
Board Meeting
11
12 13
Gateway Trail Work
14
Trout Unlimited Anniversary
15
16 17
CSU-ELC Camp
18
19 20 21
22 23 24
CSU-ELC Camp
25
26 27 28
29
RMF Youth Camp
30
RMF Youth Camp
31
Sustaining Donors
Jul 16, 17-Jul 16, 18
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
Steven Hanzlik in Memoriam

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
Bob Green
Karl Kronberg
David Piske

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.


Bruce Biggi
Frank Cada
Canino’s Italian Restaurant
Dennis Cook
Matthew Doll
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Greg Evans
Lee Evans
Fast Signs
Handmade Art Co.
Jim Henriksen
JAX Outdoors
Mickey McGuire
Sharon Neenan
NoCo FlyFishing
Adam Omernick
Michael Ringus
Domingo Rodriguez
Bruce Rosenthal
Scheel's
St. Pete’s Fly Shop
Coy Wiley

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Paul Hilbrecht
Eric Pettine
Richard Withey

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Board Meeting Minutes
February 14, 2018

  1. Board Business

    1. Vice President’s Comments and introductions (on behalf of new grandpa Coy)
      Linda is taking a medical leave of absence but may be available to do some work 
from home.
    2. Review of Agenda- approved.
    3. Review of January Minutes (see attached)-approved.
    4. Consent Agenda-approved
    5. Pulled Consent items-Dave Piske would like to step down as Conservation Chair. 
some possible replacements were discussed. The nominating committee will 
begin looking for a candidate.
  2. New Business

    1. Establishment of Nominating Committee
      Dennis Cook will chair this and form a committee to nominate candidates for leadership positions based on aptitude, competence and willingness.
    2. Establishment of Awards Committee Mickey will ask Coy to chair, Dennis and possibly Cullen to assist.
      Discussed putting this in the news letter so that the general membership has the opportunity to nominate and recognize exceptional volunteers.
    3. CTU Gala March 8, 5pm – who will go?
      Governor Hickenlooper will be in attendance. Discussed using this as an opportunity to thank volunteers and supporters (such as Fred Ebert.) Members of the leadership team are being given the opportunity to attend this year as well.
    4. ODELLS new giving policy – Mickey (see attachment)
      if we are selected, this may be a one time/year sum, and may be split between CTU and RMF, so may affect budgeting.
We will look into having our leadership meetings there over summer, and potentially the Volunteer intro class.
    5. Fish passage at Watson Lake - Mickey
      CPW has formed a group to secure funding for the fish passage improvement for the diversion at Watson Lake. Estimated budget is approximately $700,000. CPW has requested a letter of support for this project. Will look at the wording on this to determine if we can get behind the proposal. We may be able to assist with small grants such as the Gomolchak grant which is $1000. Embrace a stream may also be helpful for signage.
    6. Adopt a trail - Dave M. stewards this at Gateway Natural Area on July 14th and this is on the volgistics calendar.
    7. CPW funding increase - Dan Omasta and Dick Jefferies encouraged letter writing and meetings with local representatives in support of this. Pass it on!
  3. Old Business

    1. Senior Center adult fly fishing course update - Dave Morse
      
Dave recommends we table this and revisit in the future. He does not have the time resources to accomplish at this time (deadline is Feb 26th). The other issue is that it may compete with classes that St. Pete’s offers.
    2. Update on youth camp - Mickey
      - see draft packet, and volunteer chart. This is consistent with years past. If leadership has any thoughts, contact Robin Brown or Bill Gedge directly. 
New Belgium is asking for a chapter financial statement. Dennis will provide a camp budget to see if that suffices, as well as the number of volunteer hours required to run the camp. If they also request the financial statement, we could ask NB to sign a non-disclosure statement.
    3. Project Healing Waters - Dave Morse
      we are no longer affiliated with PHW but are now part of the Platte Rivers Veterans Fly Fishing. Meetings are going very well in Loveland and Greeley, currently tying flies and rod making. Fishing trips are scheduled throughout summer/fall. Dave has all the volunteers he needs.
    4. CSU Intern program - Wil (see attachment).
      We voted 5 for and 0 against to increase the scholarship to $1000 for the 2018-19 academic year. Tom will use designated funds from community outreach.
    5. Expo Update – Lee (see attachment) details for the event and work assignments were discussed, reviewed and all positions were filled.
  4. Future Meetings

    1. CTU River Stewardship Gala – March 8 – Denver 5:00 PM
    2. Western Regional Rendezvous - April 27-28 Keystone, CO
    3. NoCo Expo Planning - Coy

    Submitted by Ruthie Ketola, Secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 12 Apr, 2018