Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Board Meeting Agenda:
July 12, 2017
Meeting called to order at 7:10 by President Coy Wylie.
In attendance: Coy Wylie, Mickey McGuire, Linda Jefferies, Phil Wright, Lee Evans, Dennis Cook, Paul Wehr, Dave Piske, Ruthie Ketola (minutes), and Colin Glover
Note: a quorum was present.
- President’s comments- Coy welcomed the group and introduced Colin Glover, new TU member.
- Review of Agenda- approved as is.
- June Minutes- approved as submitted.
- Consent Agenda: Conservation Report, Youth Report, Membership Report.
- Pulled Consent Items- Treasurer’s report and Community Outreach Report are not available and are removed from consent agenda.
Youth Camp update - Dennis
Need a few more volunteers.
CDPHE Request for Signature - Coy
Approved Dick Jefferies to continue as fiscal agent on this grant.
- New Intern responsibilities - no action.
- Project Healing Waters - no action.
Embrace a Stream Update - Dave Piske
- On schedule to submit the application, complying with the July 15, 2017 deadline. There is one signature left to obtain, and Dave is on it.
- Proposed is a learning station adjacent to the new fishing pier.
Shirt fee structure- Mickey
- Approved option 3: cost plus fundraiser = add $14 to each shirt.
- Order 10 mens and 2 women’s shirts for the fall membership meeting.
- Have order sheets available during the meeting.
- Recruit a project manager for this.
- Decrease the cost of logo hats to $15
Phantom Canyon, September 30
- Paul will post a sign up notice on the web site August 1, which will outline what is required from a physical standpoint.
- At the September meeting, draw names of 10 participants and 5 alternates.
- Need 2 experienced crew leaders who can each lead 5-6 workers.
Update from NOCO EXPO-Coy
Consider online meetings with the committee.
- Youth Camp update - Dennis
- Visioning - Led by Coy: no action.
Support for Poudre River Restoration project grant proposal- Coy and Dave
- Approved a “good will” support letter of the application for a $10,000 CPW grant for improvement of a stretch of the river bank ditch area west of Windsor.
- Coy has composed and will send this.
Water temperature monitoring/CTU - Phil
- Discussed volunteer opportunity to assist the Greenback recovery group’s installation of thermographs to help evaluate high mountain streams for reintroduction of greenbacks, and to measure the impacts of climate change over time.
- Colin and Ruthie volunteered to assist with hiking the equipment into high altitude locations.
Response to local and national issues
- Clean Water Rule (Federal)
- Dick composed and sent a letter to the local newspapers opposing the EPA’s rescindment of the Clean Water Act.
- Linda will forward a copy to the leadership team.
- Coy will ask Bob Greene to send out a special email to the newsletter list, as well as the master list.
City of Loveland re: Big Thompson Corridor Master Plan- Coy
- Encouraged participation thru the corridor public input survey portal- www.cityofloveland.org/opencityhall.
- Deadline for participation is August 9, 2017 11:59 pm.
- Clean Water Rule (Federal)
- Rist Canyon Festival, September 3, 2017
- Fly Fishing Show 2018, Denver
Submitted by Ruthie Ketola,
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.