Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
RMFC BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Dec. 14, 2016
7:00 PM - Meeting called to order
Attendance: Coy Wylie , Mickey McGuire, Lance Asherin, Tom Culbertson, Domingo Rodriguez, Dennis Cook, Lee Evans, Dave Piske, Linda Jefferies, Paul Wehr, Cullen Emsing, and Phil Wright.
Guest: Steve Craig
Note: A quorum was present.
- President’s comments and introductions,
- Steve Craig - a new member, he recently moved to our area and has held leadership positions with TU in the past.
- Coy mentioned he had attended the Christmas party for the BTWC and presented them with the $4500 check which was funded by a $2000 check from the T & S Foundation and $2500 from Cargill. Coy said he really enjoyed meeting with this group.
- We had 68 people attend our Christmas party.
- Review Agenda motion/2nd/approved
- Consent Agenda: Treasurer’s Report, Conservation Report, Youth Report, Community Outreach Report, Membership Report; items approved
- Approve last month’s minutes - November Minutes, motion/2nd/approved: with corrections.
- Pulled Consent Items
- President’s comments and introductions,
- Update on Volunteer Management Software - Mickey informed us that the testing of the Vol. Schedule Pro (VSP) software was done by Dennis and himself and that having everyone involved could not be done. Said it was initially hard to establish an event but they figured it out. Only 4 computer downloads are allowed for project managers. They have 2 more packages to compare.
- Adult Education update - Domingo held 3 different events recently, overall pretty good results. He mentioned getting some t-shirts for the participants. He hopes to get more attending in the spring/early summer.
- Volunteer Orientation Update Jan 12th - Phil will run the event similar to what we did last year. Bob Green and Phil used Survey Monkey to get responses from members to attend this meeting. A reminder will be sent out in January. He will give out t-shirts to participants. Dennis mentioned contacting the 2015 list of signups.
- Expo Update - Lee mentioned he is looking for 20-24 tiers and about 110 to 120 participants. Dick has stated that his company would be willing to cover a third of the costs again this year with Canino’s. The board agreed to accept his offer. Tom said he would take care of supplies and drinks. We need a vegetarian offering. Cost will be $20.00 again this year, students half price, children under 12 no charge. We all need to seek out items for the auction. Lance and Coy will get the information filled out for the bid items. For every donation make sure we have the name and address as well as MSRP. Domingo stated that we should ask our members for any volunteers to help out with running the event; kitchen help, empty garbage, finding auction items, etc. Also find some items that are not fishing related.
- Using Google Docs - Coy mentioned for Wil - Does anyone need help if so contact Wil. The file structure is TU based. We talked about having a tutorial session on screen with laptops in hand.
- Visioning - Led by Mickey - We discussed the Chapter Effectiveness Index scores looking at how our chapter compares to national scores. We are doing very well and trending in the right direction. The numbers nationally are all over the board and categories change making it hard at best to track your trends. Mickey attended a webinar on how to use our CEI numbers for publicity of the chapter.
- GOCO - Fort Collins Natural Areas Grant - Lee informed us of a meeting he attended with 19 different organizations. Great Outdoor Colorado Fund has decided to donate funds for projects. Lottery money is to be made available for having kids plug into nature more effectively. North West Fort Collins was selected for inclusion in this pilot effort. Different ideas were discussed at this meeting. They are evaluating several projects currently, but are listening to new suggestions. Lee mentioned building a path from the Boys and Girls Club to the Poudre River and trying to get something constructed at each school.
- Future Meetings
- River Stewardship Gala March 9th, Mile High Station - cost is $950 this year. We have budgeted this event.
- CTU Rendezvous April 21-23, Keystone Lodge (Summit County)
- Poudre River Water Fest June 3rd. This event is a kid’s oriented event. We could commit to this but we need to have plenty of volunteer help to participate. (Note this is the same day as the Forest Service kids fishing day in Red Feather Lakes.)
9:00 - Meeting adjourned
Respectfully submitted by Lance Asherin, RMF Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.