Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
RMFC BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 13, 2016
7:00 PM - Meeting called to order
Attendance: Wil Huett, Domingo Rodriguez, Dennis Cook, Phil Wright, Mickey McGuire, Bob Castner, Lee Evans, Dave Piske, Coy Wylie, Cullen Emsing, Dave Morse
Guest: Sean Ender, EnderPost Inc.
Since Lance Asherin was not at the meeting, Mickey McGuire volunteered to take notes.
Note: A quorum was present.
- Introductions / President&rsqo;s Comment
- Review Agenda: Motion/2nd/Approved.
- Consent Agenda: Documents submitted prior to meeting are: Treasurer’s Report; Conservation Report; Youth Report; Community Outreach Report; Approved.
- Approve Minutes of Last Meeting: deferred due to lack of minutes
- Pulled Consent Items: None
Guest Presentation - Sean Enders:Sean approached Coy at the O’Dell’s event and was present to discuss with the members the possibility of developing a video to represent RMFC. He previously edited a video representing fly fishing that focused on the Arkansas River. Refer to Coy’s email of May 23 (link provided here: http://www.enderpost.com/shorts/). Members were generally supportive but action was deferred pending receipt of a proposal from Sean.
- Budget considerations
Dave led a discussion about the possibility of a grant proposal to the Trout and Salmon Foundation in the amount of $7500. He requested matching funds in the amount of $2500 from the chapter. Following discussion, it was moved, seconded and unanimously approved to provide matching funds in the amount of $2500. The funds will come from the May donation from Cargill.
- Discussion of Strategic Plan - tabled
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Treasurer: After discussion the members decided to approach a CPA in the private sector to ask for pro bono services. Coy will follow up with a personal contact.
Youth Education: Two new opportunities have come to the chapter in recent days.
- The first was from the CSU Environmental Learning Center and involves 8-12 year olds. Dates are July 21 and 28; 8:30-12:30 each day. Dennis estimates the need for 4 people each day. July 21 will be staffed by Dennis, Domingo, Dave Morse and Wil Huett. July 28 will be staffed by Wil and Bob; two more are needed.
- The second opportunity is with the Girl Scouts ages 8-12 for a day long event at Lon Hagler Reservoir. They estimate approximately 100 girls will be in attendance on July 28. Dennis will reach out to potential volunteers.
- Youth Day Camp is moving along nicely; 14 campers are currently registered and there is room for one more. Let Dennis know if you know someone who could register soon. Also Dennis could use a few more volunteers.
- Budget considerations
- Update on Veteran’s Organizations: Coy, with the help of Dave Morse and Domingo Rodriguez led a discussion about RMF involvement with Project Healing Waters and WYCO. After considerable discussion, members agreed to continue the strong relationship with Project Healing Waters.
- Adult Education: Dennis led a discussion on the adult education proposal. He indicated we need a coordinator and a budget. Domingo agreed to be the coordinator. It was moved seconded and unanimously approved to provide first year funds of $750 from the Chapter’s treasury.
- Youth Education: Dennis reported on the Trout in the Classroom project. He confirmed the involvement of Front Range CC. He will determine if Rocky Mountain HS is serious about their involvement and has been approached by an enthusiastic teacher from Poudre HS. If all three programs adopt TIC, Dennis reported he needed another $1200. It was moved, seconded and approved unanimously to fund TIC with an addition $1200 in case it is needed.
- Future Meetings
9:05 PM - Meeting adjourned
Respectfully submitted by Mickey McGuire for Lance Asherin
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.