Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
RMF BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Nov 11, 2015
7:02 PM - Meeting called to order
Attendance: Wil Huett, Dick Jefferies, Lee Evans, Dave Piske, Paul Wehr, Dennis Cook, Lance Asherin. Note: A quorum was present.
Introductions / President’s Comments
Wil discussed the annual financial report, 96% of our expenses were for program services, 3% for general expenses and 1% went to fund raising. One item we failed on was that we do not have a monthly review of the finances by someone without check writing authority.
Wil also discussed some of the chapter effectiveness indices. We scored 96 out of 100 points.
We discussed reporting of hours and travel for conservation activities. Should we be counting more of the hours for projects we sponsor? How are we going to track volunteer sign up and participation, we need a volunteer software program.
- Review Agenda: no items added
- Consent Agenda: Approve previous meeting minutes and all submitted reports. Documents submitted prior to meeting are: Treasurer’s Report; Conservation Report; Youth Report; Community Outreach Report; Membership Report. Agenda Approved. Youth report is missing.
- Approve Minutes of Last Meeting: Motion/2nd/Approved: with a couple of corrections.
- Pulled Consent Items: None
- Introductions / President’s Comments
Sustain: Strategic Plan - Nov 14th, 11am - 3pm Odell’s
Who is planning to attend? Eight people are planning on attending, hopefully more.
Wil is going to send out the annual report and the CEI ahead of the meeting.
Sustain: Vice President vacancy
Wil reiterated that we are to inform Lee of any possible individuals for potential leadership positions.
Several names were discussed.
Keep in mind that someone may have an interest in a leadership role, other than the Vise President vacancy.
- Sustain: Strategic Plan - Nov 14th, 11am - 3pm Odell’s
3.0 New Business
Sustain: 2015-2016 Budget planning
The group worked through the budget spreadsheet provided by Tom. We adjusted some line items and matched expected income with expenses.
Is there a line item for Colorado gives day in the budget, if so need to remove.
We removed the “/Grants” from line item Expense 61001.
One question we had remaining was why the large increase in newsletter budget? (Constant Contact fees).
The budget was approved by the board of trustees as amended tonight.
Future meeting plans:
November 18 - Guest Night - Colorado Women Flyfishers & Pat Dorsey
Linda requested people with iphones volunteer to run the readers, who has previous experience.
December 11 - Holiday Party, CB Potts Clubhouse
Discussed tickets, $15 on line, $20 at the door. If around 60 tickets are sold, the chapter cost would be around $500 again.
- January 20 - John and Jodi Knight - World fly fishing Competition & Duane Cook - project lead for Project Healing Waters
February 17 - Fly Tying Expo
Getting a food donor is key.
- March 18 - Landon Mayer
- April ----Spring Celebration?
- May 18 - Annual Meeting, elections - John Perry an Alaska guide & Bob Sampson will discuss Pueblo Tail water fishing
- November 18 - Guest Night - Colorado Women Flyfishers & Pat Dorsey
- Sustain: 2015-2016 Budget planning
9:05 PM - Meeting adjourned
Submitted by Lance Asherin,
Rocky Mountain Flycasters’ Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.