Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Minutes
Pres. Jefferies called meeting to order at 7:00 pm at Mulligans Pub. In attendance: Dick Jeffries, Gill Coleman, Tom Culberson, Lee Evans, Brad Kiehne, Dave Piske, Guy Turenne, Bob Streeter
- Approved agenda
Consider giving RMF Colo Give Day donations to CTU; Bd approved RMF donation of funds to CTU for its operations. Bd agreed we should consider making personal donations to bolster Dave Nickum’s reduced salary.
Form letter sent to CDOT re: flood reconstruction and habitat development. CTU requested RMF comments on Colo Water Plan—open to comment until June. Fire Conference in Fort Collins next weekend, Dick will be a presenter; to discuss collaborative response to restoration and mitigation.
- Approved Nov minutes
Consent Agenda approved.
- Chapter poster draft was discussed. Poster needed for Feb 8 Poudre Conference. Dick will arrange for members to help with the booth.
- Review of Guest Night: 120 attendees, 17-18 new members; Many positive comments about the event; Door Greeter idea worked well and sign-up went smooth. Give consideration to finding a guest speaker for next year. Ok to have sponsors/vendors at event in future. Thanks to all who helped organize and for finding the speaker.
- Holiday party venue and food booked at C,B&P. Food will be same as last yr. 6:30 social, 7:00 dinner, & 8:30 white elephant sale.
Expo to be Feb 19 (3rd Wed) at 5:30 pm. Tickets $20 for adults, $10 students, under 10, free. Lee has 20+ tyers lined up. Need lead for silent auction table and items for the table.
- Discussed Poudre Runs Through It sponsored Poudre River Forum on Feb 8, at Ranch—opportunity for RMF to promote its work and to recruit volunteers. Bd approved having booth and using display.
- Conversations re: 30th Anniversary party continue with O’Dells. The roles of TU, CTU & CSU student club still need to be considered.
- Big T Coalition moving quickly. Organizational meeting with many gov. and private groups. CWCB a big player. Fish passage Jan 8 workshop discussed. Bd. approved up to $1,000.00 to sponsor lunch.
- Strategic Planning will be on the agenda starting in January to sort out future Mission and geographic involvement of the Chapter in determining the actions and activities important for moving the chapter forward.
Adjourned 9:00 pm
submitted by Bob Streeter,
Secretary, Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.