Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Minutes
Pres. Jefferies called called meeting to order at 7:00 pm at Mulligans Pub. In attendance: Linda Jefferies, Cullen Emsing, Gil Coleman, Dennis Cook, Bob Green, Dave Piske, Tom Culbertson, Dick Jefferies, Wil Huett, Brad Kiehne, Jerry Pelis, Bill Perrill, and Bob Streeter . Donna Burell was an observer.
- Committee Business
- Presidents Comments: Dick gave acknowledgement and thanks for work done on finalizing the 2013-2014 budget and for work on flood responses.
- Added agenda item: Poudre Runs Through It announcement.
- Approved October minutes without corrections.
- Consent Agenda approved.
- Dick and Linda gave membership update, Nov. = 1,036 members
- Tom Culbertson presented final draft of Oct 2013-Sept 2014 Budget; 2 revisions made. Budget moved and approved by Trustees.
- Chapter poster draft was presented and discussed with several suggestions offered. Wil needs photo of “reconnect.” Josh Ames diversion dam photos suggested. Wil also would like Eagles Nest photos.
- 15 Position Descriptions complete. Dick will finalize VP pd.
- Bill Perrill passed out copies of RMF Orientation Manual. Noted that any changes/updates should be made only by the appropriate, responsible Leadership Team person. Instructions for change were requested and Bill will provide prior to December. Noted that “Poudre Runs Through It” needs to be added to the manual.
- Guest Night speakers lined up from CPW on fish response to flood, and Ed Engle on his fishing career. Loaded rods and reels will be available to test out. Volunteers needed at 6:00 pm for the various guest night duties; organization of the evening discussed and outlined. Raffle items are needed.
- Email blast needed ASAP for Holiday party. Final details outlined. Cost = $30.00/couple.
- Conversations re: 30th Anniversary party continue with O’Dells. The roles of TU, CTU & CSU student club still need to be considered.
- Big Thompson River Restoration Coalition orientation meeting in late Oct determined range of interests. The Grant deadline was established. The High Park Fire Coalition serves as an example but BTRRC will not become a legal entity. Larimer Co., Loveland, NRCS, Big T. Cons. Dist., Big T. Watershed Forum were represented. Dave will write up summary of meeting with public. There will be 3 weeks of rapid assessment (need property owner permission to go on property), 3 months planning time. There will be future needs for volunteers. RMF Bd. needs to consider s
- Size/extent of future RMF chapter involvement, working with Alpine Anglers to determine upstream and downstream boundaries for involvement. Dave‘s Conservation Report was referenced.
- Strategic planning will be on the agenda starting in January to sort out future Mission and Geographic involvement of the Chapter in determining the actions and activities important for moving the chapter forward.
- Announcement of the Poudre Runs Through It sponsored Poudre River Forum scheduled for Feb 8, 2014. Details forthcoming.
Adjourned 9:16 pm
submitted by Bob Streeter,
Secretary, Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.