Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Chapter #010, Trout Unlimited
Joint Meeting: Board of Trustees and Voluntary Leadership Council
Minutes: February 13, 2013
Attendees: Dick Jefferies, Paul Wehr, Sean Cronin, Lee Evans, Dave Piske, Wil Huett, Jerry Pelis, Adam Omernick, Dennis Cook
Meeting called to order at 7:03:40PM by president, Dick Jefferies
- Committee Business
- Presidents Comments:
- CTU Spring Rendezvous scheduled April 20-21, 2003 at Redstone Inn – Redstone, CO. Chapter leaders are encouraged to attend, and some funds have been budgeted.
- CTU Awards Program Call for Nominations deadline has been announced as March 8th
- CTU Youth Camp date have been confirmed as June 9th-14th
- CTU Legislative Briefing has been released and will be forwarded to the RMF Leadership Team
- Brief discussion clarifying that the Board of Trustees and Voluntary Leadership Council meet jointly, as described in the bylaws, and are collectively referred to as the “leadership Team”
- Review Agenda
- Minutes: of the January Board/Council meeting were delayed and will be distributed soon.
- Review Agenda
- Consent Agenda: Reports were received from Treasury, Conservation, Community Outreach, Youth, Nominations, Fishing Trips Program, UniverCity Connections and Membership.
Pulled Consent Items: Treasury and Youth Reports for further discussion
- Treasury – Discussed 2012 FY data presented summarizing meeting expenses and holiday party, and also confirmed that raffles account monies can be used to fund Mission-related activities. A point was offered that RMF greatly needs an experienced Financial Development Chairperson and functioning committee, and that this is also enumerated in our bylaws.
- Youth – Discussed reference to lack of seed funding availability for the day camp.
- Presidents Comments:
- Fly Tying Expo: Entrance fees: $20/adult who receives a meal and 10 raffle tickets, $10/youth who receives a meal and 5 raffle tickets, and under age 12 free with meal and no raffle tickets. Need 2 volunteers at entry door and 2 at rod raffle table. Reviewed the silent auction items list. Food (pulled pork sandwich, salad, cookie & beverage) will be handled by the Greg Evans family. Setup volunteers needed by 4:30. Tiers eat at 5:00 and guest doors open at 5:30. 24 total tiers: 22 guests and 2 RMF “learners” tables. All guest tier tables will have a bucket to deposit raffle tickets. Planning for about 150 gate attendees. Good idea to bring extension cables, lamp cords and female receptacle outlets if you have spares “just in case”.
- Weld County Stream Explorers Program: Jerry Pelis reported about background and progress of this developing possible new youth program, funded by Encana Corporation specifically for Weld County youth. It has been introduced by Colorado TU, through RMF, and will engage Poudre Learning Center, Weld County School System and Colorado Parks & Wildlife in a broad partnership consortium that also would use college interns from UNC, FRCC and CSU, and possibly also volunteers from RMF. (Attached; Preliminary Outline Exhibit)
- Volunteerism/Community Outreach: Not discussed in the interest of time
Added new Business Items:
- Poudre Runs Through It Study Group: Sean Cronin reported progress and also discussed the possibility of a fishing outing for the group (about 20) and explored if/how RMF might assist success of such an activity possibly as host or fishing mentors. Those in attendance expressed a unified interest to support such an activity in some significant capacity if it is planned.
- Nominations: Dick Jefferies formally appointed a Nominations Committee of Dennis Cook and Bob Streeter. He also emphasized that all leaders should provide names of individuals they believe could be qualified and possibly interested to assume responsibility for some office, project or activity…to Dennis to construct an inventory for contacting and to staff future requirements.
- Larimer County Fishing EXPO: March 9th (9am-6pm) and 10th (10am-4pm). $50.00 booth fee has been generously waived in past years as RMF is a NFP organization. Requires 2 volunteers/shift, ideally plus an fly tier. Motion made/seconded/approved.
Meeting adjourned at 9:17pm
Dennis Cook…Notes taker
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.