rmf-tu logo Ken Eis casting nymphs on the Poudre

Happening This Month

July 2020
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7
Board Meeting
8
9 10
Brookies Galore!
11
River Cleanup
12
13 14
Trout Unlimited Anniversary
15
Fish Gunnison River
16
Fish North Park
Fish RMNP Sky Pond
Fish Gunnison River
17
Fish Long Draw
Fish North Park
Fish RMNP Sky Pond
Fish Gunnison River
18
Fish North Park
Fish RMNP Sky Pond
Fish Gunnison River
19
Fish North Park
Fish RMNP Sky Pond
20
21 22 23 24 25
26
Youth Day Camp
27
Youth Day Camp
28
Youth Day Camp
29
Youth Day Camp
30
Youth Day Camp
31
Sustaining Donors
Jul 11, 19-Jul 11, 20
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

John & Tharon Deakins
In Memory of Linda Jefferies
Odell Brewing Co.

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Carl Kronberg
Dennis Cook
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
Bob Green
Wil Huett
Dr. Dale Rellas
Rocky Mountain Angling Club
St. Pete’s Fly Shop

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Big Thompson Brewery
Jay Burge
Art Campfield
Matthew Doll
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Lee Evans
Fidelity Charitable
Great Lakes Chiropractic
Zachary Jory
Chris Kruger
Loveland Brewery
Kirk Madsen
Jonathan McHugh
Mark Miller
Mishawaka
Dave Morse
Eric Pettine
Rep Your Water
Michael Ringus
Ted Sammond
Sara Bella Fishing
Scheels
Sportsman's Warehouse
Paul Wehr
Zen Tenkara Flyfishing

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

5030 Local
Jimmy Head
Jay’s Bistro
Linda Jefferies
Phil Keller
Jeannie Weaver

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter
instagram

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting
January 11, 2012

Those in attendance included: Dave Piske, Melinda Macpherson, Lee Evans, Paul Wehr, Dennis Cook, Guy Turenne, Cullen Emsing, Charles Plunkett, and Phil Wright.

The meeting was called to order at 7:11pm.

President’s Comments: It’s been a long time since the last meeting, it’ll be good to get the new year started!

Minutes from the last meeting were approved as amended.

Treasurer’s report: It was quiet through the holidays. We moved a donation from Paypal, there was a donation for the youth camp, and there was a check mailed to Cullen that had to be re-issued. Paul is still shopping for a new bank and working on the conservation line item for the budget.

Membership report: Stephanie is out of town and will submit her report when she’s back.

Nominations report: No change.

Youth Activities Report: There was an advertisement placed in the spring and summer Fort Collins Recreator for this summer’s day camp. Dennis will get the online application packet materials to Paul for the website and will coordinate with Cullen for the poster. We will go through contacts to put the word about the day camp out to teachers and boy scout troops (rather than through the school district), Lee will work with schools in Loveland. There is a plan in the works for a series of classes in Fort Collins/Wellington for the Boys and Girls Club. Dennis will retire after this day camp and TIC.

Conservation Report: Dave has prepared a list of conservation activities that the chapter is involved in. There is an article in The Flypaper about the Long Draw litigation. The deadline was Monday for TU to respond and the motion has been made for intervention. The law firm is working pro Bono. We need to establish a list of volunteers and also to firm the dates for the upcoming volunteer season. We also need to constantly talk up volunteerism.

Old business:

  • Newsletter - Sustaining member donors should be listed in each newsletter. We should mix articles on each content area throughout the newsletter (instead of grouping a number of youth articles together, etc.) There should be a review of the previous month’s general meeting and a preview of the upcoming meeting.
  • General Meeting - Charles will man the raffle table. Paul wondered if he could provide free coffee at the general meetings - we all thought that was a great idea!
  • Decals - The decals look fantastic! We will be passing them out at meetings (rocking them on our cars!) and, pending authorization from the City of Fort Collins, posting them on the fishing line receptacles that the chapter has been maintaining.
  • Fly Tying Expo - So far 19 tiers have committed. We will associate each tier with his/her shop. There will be a beginning/children’s table thanks to Guy. The silent auction is shaping up. So far there is an Elkhorn Rod, Jax gift certificate, and some other goodies promised by area shops. The food is still a question mark. For a $20 admission, folks will receive 10 raffle tickets and a supper. We will update the flyers with the confirmed tiers and then begin to distribute them. The senior center and the buckets are ready to go, 5:30pm start time, still need volunteers and power cords.

New business:

  • Should we be marketing more items? Beer coozies, patches, license plate holders?
  • Larimer Country Fishing Expo will be March 31st-April 1st. Dick will head up the chapter’s participation.
  • CTU raffle tickets are now available for a float trip on the Gunnison River during the 2012 or 2013 season.
  • CTU Gala in March - should the chapter purchase a table?

Meeting adjourned at 8:54pm (this has to be a record!)

Melinda Macpherson,
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 23 May, 2019