rmf-tu logo Rick Takahashi tying flies

Happening This Month

June 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12
Board Meeting
13
14 15 16
17 18
Temp Log Training
19
20 21 22 23
Fish Agnes & Joe Wright
24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Sustaining Donors
Jun 20, 17-Jun 20, 18
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
Steven Hanzlik in Memoriam

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Elkhorn Rod & Reel
Bob Green
Karl Kronberg
David Piske

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.


Bruce Biggi
Frank Cada
Canino’s Italian Restaurant
Dennis Cook
Matthew Doll
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Greg Evans
Lee Evans
Fast Signs
Handmade Art Co.
Jim Henriksen
JAX Outdoors
Mickey McGuire
Sharon Neenan
NoCo FlyFishing
Adam Omernick
Michael Ringus
Domingo Rodriguez
Bruce Rosenthal
Scheel's
St. Pete’s Fly Shop
Coy Wiley

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Paul Hilbrecht
Eric Pettine
Richard Withey

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters — Board Meeting Minutes

December 9, 2009


Lee Evans hosted this meeting at his residence. Lee called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM. Everyone voted appreciation to Ken Eis for his contributions as President.

Attendees: Lee Evans, Paul Fromme, Phil Wright, Dennis Cook, Jim Lilly, Ken Eis, Cullen Emsing, Byron Fessler, Dave Piske, Greg Evans, Guy Turenne.

Approval of minutes: Minutes of the November meeting were approved as submitted.

Treasurers Report: The balance in the Project fund is $1240.77. This includes receipts of $302 from the membership raffle at the November meeting. Separate donations to the Behnke Scholarship fund totaled $300. The balance in the General fund is $5184.17

Membership Report: Current membership is 856, with 8 new members. 23 memberships expired last month, and 32 expirations are proximate.

Old business:
Trout in the Classroom.
Dennis Cook reported on the Trout in the Classroom Project. He is working on obtaining an Embrace a Stream, (EAS) grant. CDOW will provide the required signature from a government agency for this EAS grant application. He reported that our youth project has received 15 sets of rods and reels from the Sierra Club. The value of the Sierra Clubs 15 rod/loaded reels donation is approximately $3000.

Fly tying Expo
Jim Lilly has obtained commitments from 11 tyers and a fish sculptor. An additional 3 to 4 tyers are possible. Jim will provide a list of tyers to Phil Wright for a flyer. Admission to the event will remain $15. Students will be admitted free to the event, but will not receive raffle tickets. Attendees may purchase additional raffle tickets. The raffle will be a bucket raffle. Ken Eis will contact the Senior Center to provide room setup. Byron Fessler will obtain the pizzas, sub sandwich for the tyers, and other food related items. Phil Wright will author and print a flyer to go to the fly shops and the Denver fishing Expo. Cullen Emsing will assist Phil in distribution of the flyers. Dennis Cook will contact Fossil Ridge high about student participation. Paul Fromme will contact the newspapers with information. Jim Lilly will prepare a list of needed event volunteers. Greg Evans will prepare signs to identify the fly tyers. Final preparations will take place at the January Board meeting.

New business:
Speakers for all meetings through May have been obtained. We expect:
February — Grant Houx from St Petes on local waters
March — Mike Kaul from Wind River, WY
April — Steamboat flyfishers
May — Club members about their favorite spots.

Budget A general discussion about next years budget served to define expectations for both revenue and expenses, amounts and categories. Input from this meeting will be used to prepare a budget that will be presented at the next Board meeting. Since the budget defines the activities and goals of the club for the coming year, the budget will be presented to the membership at the February General meeting.

No one has volunteered to be Vice President. Lee Evans will work to find a volunteer to fill this spot.

Awards to recognize sponsors and donors are needed. This will facilitate the solicitation of donations. Awards, categories, naming, publicity, etc. need to be defined. Dennis Cook sent a set of suggestions to Board members by via e—mail. This will be taken up at future meetings. Action is needed at the February meeting to recognize St. Petes, and this must be consistent with past recognition given to Jax. Phil Wright and ken Eis will undertake this task.

Donated fly tying materials — no information available

CTU Gala. Greg Evans will attempt to find interested members in order to populate an RMFC table at the CTU Gala. Dennis Cook is soliciting donations for the Gala and Lee Evans will assist.

Take a member fishing — delayed until another meeting

Web site opinion poll — A method to conduct such a poll is being discussed with Paul Wehr.

Web site — The RMF web site is one of the most outstanding sites of any TU group in the country. A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved that Paul Wehr be thanked and commended for his construction and maintenance of the RMF web site.

ACTON ITEMS:
Jim Lilly — Fly tyers, list to Phil Wright, list of volunteers needed
Ken Eis — Senior center set—up for Fly tying Expo, plus Award to St. Petes in Feb.
Paul Fromme — newspaper publicity
Bryon Fessler — Pizza, sub sandwich, food related items
Phil Wright — Expo flyers design, printing and distribution, St. Petes award
Cullen Emsing — assistance in flyer distribution
Dennis Cook — Contact with Fossil Ridge high school fly tying group, plus CTU Gala donations
Greg Evans — ID signs for fly tyers plus finding attendees for CTU Gala
Lee Evans — prepare draft budget, plus assist Dennis Cook to get donations for CTU Gala

Respectfully submitted,

Paul Fromme
RMF Secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 12 Apr, 2018