- July 11: RMF Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member for the meeting location and/or agenda.
- July 14: Gateway Park “Adopt-a-Trail” Project
Rocky Mountain Flycasters has partnered with the City of Fort Collins Natural Area Department to perform trail maintenance at Gateway Natural Area.
We will conduct trail maintenance, such as grading, pruning brush, and rebuilding portions of the two overlook trails. We will meet at the Gateway parking lot located back by the old water plant at 8:30 a.m. and work until about 11:30. You will not need to pay the entrance fee because you are on the work project. Just tell the entrance guard you are with Rocky Mountain Flycasters.
RMF-TU will provide lunch and the Natural Areas Staff will provide assignments, tools, water and instruction. Bring work gloves, sun protection, and your rod and waders for fishing later. You are free to stay at Gateway after the work project and fish til dusk.
Please contact Dave Morse, or call 217-418-9386, if you will be coming. We need an accurate head count to plan for meals. We are hoping for a dozen folks. See you there!
- July 15: Trout Unlimited Celebrates Its 59th Anniversary On this day in 1959, TU was founded by George Griffith and 14 other anglers to help preserve, protect, and restore trout streams in America. Trout Unlimited has more about these historical events.
- July 30: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp
This summer we will sponsor our 9th Annual non-resident camp, running from July 30 through August 4, 2018. Our Youth Outreach Camp is an intense six day program for fifteen students to learn about resource conservation and about fly fishing. It is also a great opportunity to volunteer to ensure that the next generation continues to care for the cold water resources as we do. Application process begins early March 2018. See the 2018 Camp page.
- July 31: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 30-Aug 4.
Download this month’s calendar entries for your digital calendar.
Note of the Day:
The surface fisherman proudly wears his heart on his sleeve.
Mellsop, Hayden, Summer 2012, High Country Angler, No Place to Hide, p. 10.