- July 12: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member for the meeting location and/or agenda.
- July 15: Rocky Mountain Flycasters fishing the Upper Cache la Poudre
The Poudre River is a marvelous river any time. Take this opportunity to join a group headed to the upper Poudre with host Cameren Shinabery.
- July 15: Gateway Adopt-a-Trail
Our second, and final work project of the year for the Fort Collins Natural Area Department will be at Gateway Natural Area in the Lower Poudre Canyon, on July 15th. Save The date!!!
We will conduct trail maintenance, such as grading, pruning brush, and rebuilding portions of the two overlook trails. We will meet at the Gateway parking lot located back by the old water plant at 8:30 a.m. and work until about 11:30. You will not need to pay the entrance fee because you are on the work project. Just tell the entrance guard you are with Rocky Mountain Flycasters.
RMF-TU will provide lunch and the Natural Areas Staff will provide assignments, tools, water and instruction. Bring work gloves, sun protection, and your rod and waders for fishing. You are free to stay at Gateway after the work project and fish til dusk.
Please contact Dave Morse, or call 217-418-9386, if you will be coming. We need an accurate head count to plan for meals. We are hoping for a dozen folks.See you there!
- July 15: Trout Unlimited Celebrates Its 58th Anniversary On this day in 1959, TU was founded by George Griffith and 14 other anglers to help preserve, protect, and restore trout streams in America. Trout Unlimited has more about these historical events.
- July 31: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp
This summer we will sponsor our 8th Annual non-resident camp, running from July 31 through August 5, 2017. Our Youth Outreach Camp is an intense six day program for fifteen students to learn about resource conservation and about fly fishing. It is also a great opportunity to volunteer to ensure that the next generation continues to care for the cold water resources as we do. Application process begins early March 2017. See the 2017 Camp page.
Note of the Day:
Many fly fishers like to adorn their fishing vests with all kinds of gadgets that are handy to reach. They are usually the ones who feel insecure without packing into vest pockets every fly they own. Others carry only the flies they need and hang gadgets on the inside of the vest so they don’t tangle their fly line. source unknown