- April 11: RMF Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member for the meeting location and/or agenda.
- April 18: Rocky Mountain Flycasters General Meeting
Social hour and fly tying demonstration begins at 6:30 pm at the Fort Collins Senior Center, and the program follows at 7:00 pm. We will have a local fly tyer at each general meeting and an equipment raffle following the meeting. Admission is free and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
- April 25:
Greeley Water Fest
Rocky Mountain Flycasters teams up with local school districts to present a cold water conservation game called “Who Eats Who at the Stream.” This interactive “game” introduces young students to cold water conservation concepts. It is great fun for students and presenters so find out more and sign up to take part. See Water Fests for more information and to take an active part in reaching these young people.
- April 27: Gray Reef Fishing Trip This annual trip is always popular. Room reservations have been made for eight with three spots snapped up immediately. See our Fishing Trips page for contacts.
- April 27: 2018 Western Regional Rendezvous in Colorado!
April 27-29, 2018
Colorado TU is proud to announce that we have been chosen to host the 2018 TU Western Regional Rendezvous. This three-day conference will combine the annual Colorado Rendezvous with the regional event and bring a variety of great speakers, useful trainings, the latest TU initiatives, and some excellent opportunities to interact with TU leaders from around the West. We are also excited to show off the great work our chapters are doing right here at home!
Book your lodging and register today!
If you are interested in learning more about the Regional Rendezvous or how you can help us plan for it in Colorado, please contact Dan Omasta.
- April 28: Gray Reef Fishing Trip Continues.
- April 28: 2018 Western Regional Rendezvous in Colorado Continues!
Trout Unlimited and Colorado TU workshops and meetings, roundtable discussions. Colorado Council Fundraiser with Jack Dennis in the evening.
- April 29: Gray Reef Fishing Trip Continues.
- April 29: 2018 Western Regional Rendezvous in Colorado Continues!
Trout Unlimited and Colorado TU Awards Breakfast followed by Colorado Council Meeting. The rest of the day is open to fishing.
Download this month’s calendar entries for your digital calendar.
Note of the Day:
I think I fish, in part, because it’s an antisocial, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. It’s a nice position. No one considers you dangerous, but very little is expected of you.
Gierach, John, 2000, Death, Taxes, and Leaky Waders. (NY, NY: Simon & Schuster), p. 303.