- June 1: Eagle’s Nest Trail Maintenance
Scheduled trail maintenance for Eagle’s Nest Open Space. Work involves removing vegetation encroaching on trails, rebuilding water bars, etc., using a variety of hand tools. Participants should dress accordingly and bring along water, lunch, work gloves, appropriate footwear, a hat and sunscreen. See more details on our volunteer page and contact Guy Turenne to sign up before May 27.
- June 6: Rocky Mountain National Park
Beginning of summer research in RMNP. Continuing through September. See our Conservation page for more details and to sign up to volunteer.
- June 8: Board Meeting
Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- June 12: Colorado Trout Unlimited Youth Conservation and Fly Fishing Camp
CTU's resident camp is designed to educate students on the importance of coldwater conservation and provide hands-on fly-fishing instruction. Students will also participate in a watershed project to repair habitat in a nearby stream. Camp classes include: principles of ecology, hydro-geology, aquatic vertebrate and invertebrate sampling, hydrology, trout behavior, trout stream entomology, the biology of pollution, acid deposition, and politics of conservation and human effects on the Rocky Mountains.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2011. Information and application materials are available on the Colorado Trout Unlimited web site.
- June 18: National Trout Unlimited Cleanup Day
Rocky Mountain Flycasters will again clean up the Narrows State Wildlife Area on the Big Thompson River. (Date and time are tentative with details to follow.)
- June 30: Deadline for submitting Application for RMF Youth Conservation & Fly Fishing Day Camp This is the last day that applications for camp will be accepted. Make certain that your application is sent with adequate time to arrive before this date.
Note of the Day:
Fly tying tip #3: Prepare enough material for tying a number of flies at one time, e.g., feathers, wool, hooks, hair, etc.
The Fly Paper, September, 2000