- April 7: Phantom Canyon Trail Maintenance. See more. . .
- April 10: CTU Conservation Camp June 10-16
Colorado Trout Unlimited hosts an annual week-long youth camp to introduce students aged 14 to 18 to key principles of conservation and fly fishing. Students in CTU’s annual camp get hands-on experience with topics including:
- principles of ecology
- aquatic vertebrate and invertebrate sampling
- water quality and monitoring
- fishing classes such as fly tying, fly casting, and streamside ethics
For more information, see the Colorado TU site’s CTU Youth Conservation and Flyfishing Camp page.
- April 11: General Meeting - Rob Buirgy, Executive Director of the Big Thompson Watershed Forum will be speaking about his organization’s conservation work. The Big T Watershed Forum is actively involved with conservation efforts with the Big Thompson watershed. Their next volunteer activity will be the Annual Spring Waterway Cleanup. See April 21 below. Additional information can be found at the Big Thompson Watershed Forum.
General Meeting at 6:30 PM at the Hilton. See "When and Where."
Social hour at 6:30. Meeting announcements promptly at 7 PM, with the program to immediately follow. Hope to see you there, and bring a friend!
- April 13: CTU Spring Rendezvous in Redstone, CO.
- April 14: CTU Spring Rendezvous.
- April 14: Eagle’s Nest Planting. See more. . .
- April 17: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- April 18: April 18-19: Eagle’s Nest continued planting.
- April 19: April 18-19: Eagle’s Nest continued planting.
- April 21: Big Thompson Watershed Annual Waterway Cleanup See BT Watershed Forum
Note of the Day:
Oh Beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grain,
For strip-mined mountain’s majesty above the asphalt plain.
America, America, man sheds his waste on thee,
And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.
— George Carlin