- February 6: RMF Fly Fishing Day Camp Application Opening
The application period has opened for the 1012 RMF NoCO Fly Fishing Day Camp. Open this opportunity to a young person you know (ages 14-18) to experience the joys of fly fishing. Our 2012 Day Camp page tells more of the story. Apply early to reserve a spot in this extraordinary camp.
- February 8: Board Meeting
Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- February 15: Rocky Mountain Flycasters’ Annual Fly Tying Expo
Nearly two dozen experienced and professional tiers from our region will converge in Fort Collins for this annual special event to demonstrate their fly tying skills and share tips on tying and fishing with their special flies. Every year well over 100 people attend this Fly Tying Expo and this year it will be even larger and better.
- Well-known tiers share their skills and tips
- Random drawings for each tier’s flies
- Random drawing for terrific fly fishing equipment
- Silent action for many quality equipment items, supplies, books,…etc.
- Beginner’s table where you can learn to tie your own flies
Social hour begins at 6:30, and the Program follows at 7:30. Admission is free and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
- February 20: Not Christmas Christmas Party
The Northern Colorado Women Flyfishers meeting is February 20th, 6:30 pm at PVH Harmony Campus, 3rd floor. It will be our "Not Christmas Christmas Party." We are asking everyone to bring a snack to share this time (wine, decaf and water will be provided) and also 2 flies of their choice to add to a flybox.
ALL fishing ability levels are welcome to attend our meetings. We are "A sociable club for women who fly fish". Believe me, we are having a lot of fun and pretty darn good turnout/interest in our meetings. Dues are $30/year. Any questions can be directed to: Gretchen Osborn, 970-484-5854 or to Beth Serniak, 970-484-5096.
Note of the Day:
Every fish you catch and release goes home with an alien abduction story.
John Fufelsang Page