- January 5: The Fly Fishing Show in Denver including our own celebrities, tyers, and authors; Landon Mayer, Rick Takahashi, and Vince Wilcox. At the Denver Merchandise Mart - Pavilion Building. See flyfishingshow.com/denver/.
- January 6: Fly Fishing Show
- January 7: Fly Fishing Show
- January 10: January’s program will be Mexico Fly Fishing presented by Gordon Waldemeier. Angler’s Roost will sponsor the meeting raffle.
General Meeting at 6:30 PM at the Hilton. See "When and Where."
Social hour and fly tying demo by Rick Takahashi at 6:30. Meeting announcements promptly at 7 PM, with the speaker to immediately follow. Admission is free and the public is welcome. Hope to see you there, and bring a friend!
- January 16: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
Note of the Day:
In the last pool of Ettrick, the water flowed by a steep bank, and, if you cast almost on to the further side, you were perfectly safe to get fish, even when the river was very low. The flies used, three on a cast, were small and dusky, hare’s ear and woodcock wing, black palmers, or, as Stoddart sings,
Wee dour looking hulks are the thing,
Mouse body and laverock wing.
Lang, Andrew, 1895, A Border Boyhood from Angling Sketches, (Longmans, Green, and Co.,—eBooks version #2022).