rmf-tu logo Bruce Rosenthal’s midge life cycle

Happening This Month

July 2017
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11
Board Meeting
12
13 14
Gateway Adopt-A-Trail
Upper Poudre Fishing
Trout Unlimited Anniversary
15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Search the RMF site


Sustaining Donors
Jul 21, 16-Jul 21, 17
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Fred Ebert
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
St. Pete’s Fly Shop

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services, Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Fly Fishing Team USA
Bob Green
JAX Outdoors
Linda and Dick Jefferies
Marc McKenzie
David Piske
Robert F. Dunn in Memoriam

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Marc Brown
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Bill Gillett
Handmade Art Co.
Robert Loeven
NoCo FlyFishing
Dale Rellas
Richard Withey

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Dennis Cook
Fish Restaurant
Jax Fish House
Sonny Lubicks

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Minutes
March 12, 2014

President Jeffries called meeting to order 7:01 pm. In Attendance: Dick Jeffries, Gill Coleman, Dennis Cook, Cullen Emsing, Lee Evans, Linda Jefferies, Wil Huett, Brad Kiehne, Bill Perrill, Bob Streeter, Guy Turenne, Paul Wehr.

Guests Ben Loeffler & Mike Pagel, local kayak park supporters. The presenting Poudre River Project proposed by City of Fort Collins and discussed kayak park and related habitat issues. See website <poudrewhitewaterpark.com>. They suggested RMF also ask John Stokes to speak to group. They also suggested RMF send letter (email) of support to city officials prior to May & June City Council work session and decision meetings. Board agreed to invite John S. in April and Ken Kehmeier in May to also discuss the project before deciding on RMF position.

Regular Meeting Agenda:

  1. Committee Business

    1. Add shelving request, fundraising issue, & 30th Anniversary planning to agenda.
    2. Feb. meeting minutes approved.
    3. Consent Agenda approved.
       
  2. Old Business

    1. Strategic Planning: Dick is still looking for facilitator prior to setting date.
    2. Conflict of Interest Policy discussion. RMF needs such policy. Dick proposed to adopt the CTU COI policy with changes (e.g., delete references to employees, change CTU to RMF). Board adopted the proposal as a stand-alone policy rather than a part of the RMF By-laws.
       
  3. New Business

    1. Fly-tying Expo attendance down but about same revenue. 24 tyers (20-24 optimal). Food provided free by Mainline; give them recognition and patronize them. 4 new members joined. Board asked to consider ideas for major increase in income stream (e.g., super-raffle); committee appointed: Cullen, Brad, & Dennis. Expo, Holiday party, etc., all occur in lieu of regular meetings: Dick expressed concern about coordination and with consent of Board, the coordination duties in the future will be the responsibility of the Program Director.
    2. RMF budgeted $450 for CTU Youth Camp; Treasurer to dispense funds to CTU by May 1 or earlier.
    3. Orientation Manual updated due in March; Board members are to review and offer changes or state that no change is needed. Respond to Bill or Gill by end of March. Dennis needs missing PDs: VP, Program Director, Membership, Poudre Runs Through It.
    4. Conservation project season is approaching—get dates onto calendar. Guy: Phantom Cyn: April 6 walk-through inspection; Jul 20 (27 backup); Aug 17 (24 backup); Sept. 21. Eighteen events on calendar need volunteers. Wil will develop slide for regular program; need sign-up sheets at next 2 meetings. Suggested that a video be run at beginning of each meeting touting the rewards of volunteering with RMF—a rah-rah intro to be followed by individual pitches for each upcoming event. [Ed: See our volunteer page for listings.]
    5. Newsletter feedback given. Dick recorded detailed comments and will get the feedback to Bob G.
    6. Shelving needed for storage unit. Dennis made a proposal to purchase plastic shelving for $150. Approved.
    7. Fundraising need: no active work at present; one idea is to tout RMF as beneficiary to life-insurance policy. Wil suggested we slip a slide into the program slides, patterned after TU slide; also put in website and newsletter.
    8. 30th anniversary scheduled in lieu of April meeting for April 21, 6:30-8:30 at Odell’s. Board to informally invite broadly, and submit invitee information to Dick for official, written invite.

Adjourned 9:08 pm

Attachments:
Outline of Poudre River Project
Conflict of Interest agreement (signed)

submitted by Bob Streeter,
Secretary, Rocky Mountain Flycasters

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 25 Jul, 2013