rmf-tu logo North Fork Poudre “cutbow” March 2011

Happening This Month

June 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
Poudre RiverFest
Kids Fish Fest
3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13
Board Meeting
14
15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23
Fish Lake Agnes-Joe Wright
24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Search the RMF site


Sustaining Donors
Jun 27, 16-Jun 27, 17
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Fred Ebert
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
St. Pete’s Fly Shop

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Marc Brown
CMS Mechanical Services, Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Fly Fishing Team USA
Bob Green
JAX Outdoors
Linda and Dick Jefferies
Marc McKenzie
David Piske
Robert F. Dunn in Memoriam

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Bill Gillett
Handmade Art Co.
Robert Loeven
NoCo FlyFishing
Dale Rellas
Richard Withey

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Dennis Cook
Fish Restaurant
Jax Fish House
Sonny Lubicks

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting
February 8, 2012

Those in attendance included: Dave Piske, Melinda Macpherson, Lee Evans, Paul Wehr, Dennis Cook, Guy Turenne, Cullen Emsing, Charles Plunkett, Bryon Fessler, Stephanie Mullins, and Dick Jeffries.

The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm.

President’s Comments: CTU is requesting nominations for awards for excellence, categories include most improved chapter, exemplary chapter and best communication (among others). The group agreed that we should pursue the award for most improved chapter citing our active slate of projects, youth education programs, and conservation initiatives.

Minutes from the last board meeting were approved as corrected.

Treasurer’s Report: Things have been quiet lately. We received the new members rebate from national TU, the raffle ticket income from January was higher than average, a few expenses for the fly-tying expo so far, the new budget line item for the conservation fund was established and $2,000 was moved from the carry over amount into this new line item. There was talk of ways that we could grow the conservation fund including, putting a percentage of what’s left over at the end of the fiscal year toward the fund, putting a percentage of revenue or donations toward the fund, contributing flagged donations to the fund.

Membership Report: We have 12 new members. We will send the list of new members (the spreadsheet) and check to TU via UPS since there has been some confusion and some people have been in limbo since November.

Youth Activities Report: The ad for this summer’s youth camp has been published in the Recreator and is in a good spot. Dennis visited TIC students and spoke about TU and the conservation mission and the upcoming youth camp. The fish are looking good. The West Greeley Conservation District Water Festival is happening again this year at the Greeley Fairgrounds. The CPW is sponsoring the Poudre Rendezvous in the early summer (June 9th) at Swift Ponds which will encompass several outdoor activities (trap shooting, air gun shooting, archery and fishing). A brain storming session and site visit are upcoming.

Nominations Committee Report: We will place a call for volunteers for various positions on the website.

Conservation Report: There is now a revised projects list. We will need to develop a procedure for signing up volunteers dependent on projects. We can use e-mail blasts to publicize volunteering opportunities. We can publish a timeline of upcoming projects on our website.

Old Business:

  • Newsletter - there was a discussion of how to recognize sustaining donors and volunteers which was eventually tabled until the next meeting.
  • Expo - the food has come together, along with the plates, napkins, pop, etc. There will be 21 tiers, seated according to affiliation, who will each donate their flies at the end of the evening. There will be a beginners table and Lee will try to alert people about it with microphone announcements. There are 13 silent auction items. Melinda and Charles will man the raffle ticket table. Dick and Dennis will work the kitchen. Paul and Paul will sell tickets. And Lee will handle the silent auction table.
  • Larimer County Fishing Expo - we’re all signed up for March 31/April 1. We’ll need our banner, the youth stuff, membership flyers, maybe a tier?
  • CTU Gala - March 16th, should we buy a table? Seats 10 people and costs $750. There was a motion to purchase a table and to absorb a portion of the cost for the people who would like to attend. Also, to make this an annual budget item to foster this important relationship with CTU.

New Business:

  • April meeting - Lee will be out of town so Dick will lead the meeting. Topic - invasive species in YNP
  • March meeting - Terry Wickstrom
  • May meeting - Caleb Van Wagoner
  • IF4 sponsorship? $100 “nymph” level
  • Paul will look into social media cross-promotional opportunities with the Recreator

Our chapter is going places!

Meeting adjourned at 10:05pm.

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 25 Jul, 2013