Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting
October 12, 2011
Those in attendance included: Dave Piske, Charles Plunkett, Melinda Macpherson, Bryon Fessler, Lee Evans, Paul Wehr, Cullen Emsing, Dennis Cook, Dick Jefferies, Stephanie Mullins, Guy Turenne, and Phil Wright.
President’s comments were presented and, after much discussion, the minutes from the last board meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report: The CTU Fall Rendezvous was a big success, the meeting space was especially well received. The budget for the event was not exceeded. We have collected the volunteer hours from the board members and from the various volunteering opportunities for the last fiscal year. Further results and analysis will be provided in a future newsletter. The budget report for the last fiscal year was presented to the group and the Chapter is in good shape financially, we didn’t spend as much money as was budgeted.
Membership Report: We continue to attract Chapter acquired new members, there were eight more in the previous month.
Youth Activities Report: Windsor High School’s Trout in the Classroom program is getting underway this week. The Larimer Boys and Girls Club Day for Kids was well attended and seemed to be a success, the Chapter provided several volunteers at the event. The committee is continuing to solicit feedback from Day Camp volunteers and parents and will present that to the board as it comes in. Lee spent an hour at Windsor Charter Academy talking fishing with an environmental class—this went very well and was well received.
- The newsletter is ready to go out, and there was discussion about the types of articles that will be needed to advertise upcoming events, and which board members have traditionally provided these.
- There was discussion about purchasing some new decals that would be handed out to members and at events attended by the chapter. These decals would allow for further branding of the chapter in the community and specifically on some of the line-receptacles that the chapter sponsors. It was agreed to purchase a quantity of these decals.
- There was discussion about the upcoming general meeting and duties were assigned for that evening.
- A printable version of the Chapter’s by-laws is now available on the website.
- The board has agreed to withdraw the volunteer effort at the Larimer County Eagle’s Nest property. The Chapter has spent five years at the site planting vegetation and maintaining banks. The board feels that this was a successful effort and that there is not interest or a need to continue.
- The Chapter’s budget for the new fiscal year was presented to the group. Expenses will exceed revenue (by about $1,000), but we have money in reserve to cover this shortfall. Also, when we look at last year’s budget, we did spend less than anticipated. Discussion ensued, but in the end the budget was adopted with some minor revisions.
- There was discussion about the upcoming Guest Night. Again duties were assigned for that meeting and the board agreed that the most important thing to get organized was the advertising. We will need to be distributing flyers to business and clubs in all the surrounding cities beginning as quickly as possible.
- The space for the holiday party is set. The party promises to be bigger and better than last year. The was discussion about some of the details and some of the decisions are still pending.
- The speakers are set for the January meeting and the board is working on setting the schedule for the rest of the new year, including the meetings in March, April and May. Preparations are also underway for the Fly-tying Expo in February.
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.