rmf-tu logo Sowing seeds at Skin Gulch. Photo by Guy Turenne

Happening This Month

July 2017
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11
Board Meeting
12
13 14
Gateway Adopt-A-Trail
Upper Poudre Fishing
Trout Unlimited Anniversary
15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Search the RMF site


Sustaining Donors
Jul 21, 16-Jul 21, 17
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Fred Ebert
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
St. Pete’s Fly Shop

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services, Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Fly Fishing Team USA
Bob Green
JAX Outdoors
Linda and Dick Jefferies
Marc McKenzie
David Piske
Robert F. Dunn in Memoriam

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Marc Brown
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Bill Gillett
Handmade Art Co.
Robert Loeven
NoCo FlyFishing
Dale Rellas
Richard Withey

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Dennis Cook
Fish Restaurant
Jax Fish House
Sonny Lubicks

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Board Meeting
November 10, 2010 Minutes

President Lee Evans opened the meeting with a few announcements about our members. Bob Streeter is recovering from a double knee replacement surgery, Jim Lilly is feeling better and recently floated the Reef with his son and caught some nice fish, and Lee’s twin grandsons were born Nov. 3rd, and are home and doing well.

The meeting was officially called to order at 7:07 with Guy Turenne, Cullen Emsing, Ken Eis, Bryon Fessler, David Piske, Paul Wehr, Dennis Cook, Phil Wright and Lee Evans in attendance. We were missing a secretary, who went steelhead fishing without inviting his dad. The minutes of the last meeting were discussed, enjoyably, and accepted as printed.

Paul presented the treasurer’s report in extreme detail, but did give the board an outstanding understanding of the chapter’s financial situation. Our present balance in the general fund is $6362.92 and $876.05 in the raffle/projects account. He has designed a reporting sheet that will be presented at each board meeting to help track expenses and income.

Included in Paul’s presentation was a proposed budget based on past revenue and expenses and input from various members. We discussed it and made some suggestions that might improve ease of understanding. It was agreed that we would look it over and vote on its passage at the December board meeting. Paul then reported that the TU annual report was finished and sent in. We discussed aspects of it, and particularly noted the nearly 6000 documented hours of volunteer work related to our chapter.

Bryon presented the membership report and discussed the details of it with us. We now have 789 actual members, up from 766 last month. This included 20 new members recruited by the national TU’s efforts. The First Annual Guest Night will be held on November 17, and Bryon talked about the details of that meeting. We will sign up new members at the meeting by using a sign up sheet and checks made out to RMF. Dennis agreed to help out at the membership table. Guy will be at the raffle table and will need another person to help him. Phil is working on a slide show and members around the table reported the possibility of 7-10 new members, so our goal of 20 is certainly doable. Lee will have the most.

Dennis presented us with the latest news of Youth Activities. The trout in the classroom have shed their egg sacs and are now swimming and feeding and growing. Dennis will attempt to find a date and time when interested board members could go visit Windsor HS and see the TIC program. It does look like we will be able to have a program to help scouts get their fly fishing merit badge next year. Some volunteers have come forward and discussion with scout leaders is happening. We discussed having our youth camp kids spend a day at Phantom Canyon, with the help of The Nature Conservancy.

Rattlesnakes were discussed as a possible concern, and plans are being made to cover the rare possibility of a snake bite.

Dennis also reported the new flier for the NOCO Youth Camp is ready for printing, and the chapter brochure is being edited and brought up to date. Both will be sent by email to the Board for suggestions.

In old business, Lee gave the details for the Holiday Party. It will be December 9 at C B & Potts, at the Collindale golf course on East Horsetooth. We will start at 6:30 and end at 9:30. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will available with a cash bar. Cost is $10.00 per person and we will have a rod raffle, a fly tree raffle, and a white elephant gift exchange. Each person is asked to bring a few flies, a wrapped white elephant gift (per couple) and their spouse or significant other. An electronic invitation will be sent on the November 18, and Bryon volunteered to take RSVP’s so we have a count of attendance.

We discussed January’s speaker who is Brian Shipley of Kingfisher Drifters and his topic will be fishing the Delaney Butte Lakes. Lee and Dave P. gave a report on the Long Draw mitigation which basically said there is a ways to go before we get on the ground with actual activities. CTU is appealing the Forest Service’s Record of Decision and so is Water Supply and Storage. Both appeals will take time to work out an agreement. Dave and Lee have been meeting regularly with the Forest Service and CTU.

In new business, we discussed the upcoming Expo, now scheduled for February. If we hold it on a Saturday, we will be stepping on the fly shops that have similar activities on Saturdays. If we have it on a Wednesday evening, we are limited on time and scope. We were all asked to think about the plan, and the CRC committee will continue to do research. A decision needs to be reached as soon as possible. Bryon has looked into food vendors, and has a vendor that is willing to donate a lot to us. A straw vote will probably be taken at the next general meeting.

Rod purchases and revising the Bylaws to meet NTU guidelines was briefly discussed and will be presented at the next meeting. Cullen reported he is working on the application for a new raffle license, and will get it in by the deadline, much to the delight of the board.

The meeting adjourned at 9:14.

Respectfully submitted,
Lee Evans, acting secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 25 Jul, 2013