rmf-tu logo Gatewary Park Fort Collins Natural Area on the Poudre River

Happening This Month

June 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
Poudre RiverFest
Kids Fish Fest
3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13
Board Meeting
14
15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23
Fish Lake Agnes-Joe Wright
24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Search the RMF site


Sustaining Donors
Jun 24, 16-Jun 24, 17
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Fred Ebert
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
St. Pete’s Fly Shop

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Marc Brown
CMS Mechanical Services, Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Fly Fishing Team USA
Bob Green
JAX Outdoors
Linda and Dick Jefferies
Marc McKenzie
David Piske
Robert F. Dunn in Memoriam

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Bill Gillett
Handmade Art Co.
Robert Loeven
NoCo FlyFishing
Dale Rellas
Richard Withey

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Dennis Cook
Fish Restaurant
Jax Fish House
Sonny Lubicks

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

DRAFT
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting Minutes

October 16, 2007

The board meeting was called to order by President Greg Evans. He welcomed Jim Lilly as a newcomer to the board. Dave Piske, Mark Coleman, Ken Eis, Bob Streeter, Lee Evans, Phil Wright, Dave Coulson, and Guy Turenne were present.

A membership report showed about 15 new members and a total roster of 852 members.

It was reported that Ron Sheets, the treasurer, was working on the annual report but was having difficulty logging on to the national website. Others reported similar difficulties.

Former Ft. Collins city councilwoman Gina Janett joined us to talk about some legislative issues that affect cold water fisheries. She is working with The Colorado Conservation Alliance (CCA) and told us their mission was to increase awareness and support environmental legislation at the federal level. She was specifically working with District 4. She talked about two bills that needed our support: Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2007, HR 2262 and the Clean Water Restoration Act of 2007, HR2421. Details about these bills will be attached to the minutes. Ms. Janett urged us to write to Rep. Marilyn Musgrave and urge her support.

Bob Streeter moved we send a letter from the chapter to each representative asking for support on these bills. It was seconded and passed. Ken volunteered to write the letters and email them to Greg to be sent.

Bob Streeter reported on SWIG and noted that that organization was requesting donations to help them and their website. He moved we send $100, it was seconded and passed. Greg will email Treasurer Sheets.

In other old business, Dave Piske had done the preliminaries on revising our bylaws and a meeting of the committee was set for Wed. Oct. 24 at Ken Eis’ house.

Much discussion was held regarding speakers for our general meetings. Chris Schaeffer is having difficulties getting good speakers to commit to a specific meeting. Everyone agreed to try to help out. The November meeting will include election of officers, a presentation of the RMF Robert Behnke scholarship to Matt Hopkins, and a presentation of environmental concerns, but the main speaker was not yet determined.

In new business, the slate of officer candidates was listed as Ken Eis, President, Jim Lilly as Vice President, Dave Coulson as Treasurer and Stan Woodring (?) as Secretary.

The annual report was discussed and a compilation of volunteer hours was given.

Mark Coleman(?) reported that a Data Logger or two were needed at Eagle’s Nest to monitor water conditions. These units are anchored to the stream bed and gather continuous information regarding water conditions. In light of the ongoing discussions of expansion of Siemans and Halligans, it was felt this information could be of value in the long term. Guy moved that we buy two units for use at Eagle’s nest and Phantom Canyon if we could get approval to use them by the County and The Nature Conservancy. The total expenditure would be approximately $250. The motion carried.

The Christmas party was discussed. It will be held at Manno’s restaurant (on Horsetooth near the golf course) on December 14. Preliminary discussion of per person charges generally indicated would be the cost of the food served.

The meeting adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,

Lee Evans, Acting Secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 25 Jul, 2013